Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asurion is a scam don’t buy it
Belin1988

Had asurion with Verizon over 3 years this the first time I have ever made a claim and they won’t approve it it’s only a cracked screen, I keep getting the run around telling me different reason why, it’s been over a week a nothing has been resolved, verizon is no help they say they have  nothing to do with it, that its a different company, but they’re the ones promoting same day repairs for $29, and asurion representatives are telling me to go to Verizon, it’s been a complete waste of my time, you could just go to Best Buy and get it fixed for $129 with no insurance so why even pay Verizon monthly it really seem like a scam. 

Re: Asurion is a scam don’t buy it
cheraz

I also have been given the run around. I am beginning to think the problem is Verizon not asurion

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Belin1988, we are sorry to hear about your overall experience. Making sure you are aware of your options to file a claim for your device is always important. Many factors can take place for why your device may not be eligible for a screen replacement. However, Asurion will determine the replacement options for your device. Please follow this link for more details https://vz.to/3796cxi.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, cheraz. We understand the importance of our customers having good working cellphones. We would be happy to help you with your claim. Please tell us about the issue you are having with your device.

CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
Piscestg

I have been with Verizon since 1993. I stopped buying their insurance years ago. 

Think about how much is spent on this over two years. Also, Asuron is very often a problem to work when when a claim is needed.

I switched all of my tech to Apple (cell phones, laptops, tablets and watches) in 2016. I always purchase Apple Care. Their coverage is straight up, honest and easy to use....no games, no hassles.

gmarsz

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Belin1988, we are sorry to hear about your overall experience. Making sure you are aware of your options to file a claim for your device is always important. Many factors can take place for why your device may not be eligible for a screen replacement. However, Asurion will determine the replacement options for your device. Please follow this link for more 

Hint: it will always be a full phone replacement. Cough up more money

0 Likes
gmarsz

What was the resolution? My guess is full phone replacement required no matter what phone.

0 Likes
gmarsz

I'd switch service providers too... T mobile has been great lately! 

0 Likes