Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Multi Device Insurance SCAM through Verizon
thebeeps

We have had Verizon for over 10 years. Just recently we added a 4th line to our plan. We pay for the full insurance costs and when we needed to replace a new Samsung S10, they told us we could only have insurance for THREE lines, regardless of how many phones we owned. We are paying payments on a new phone we cannot use, and we were NEVER told of this when we added a phone for our daughter. I KNOW there has to be more of you out there unable to file a claim...If that is your issue, go to T-Mobile they are paying off phones for up to $650 a line... Shame on you Verizon, you are a SCAM and there should be a class-action lawsuit for the millions of dollars you steal every month on the phone we can never replace. 

Re: Multi Device Insurance SCAM through Verizon
JHASLIP

Just had same problem. We bought 5 phones and a tablet for family. Said just wanted insurance on the kids two phones. Sales person said all devices would be covered under verizon "Total multi device protection plan" for $50 per month. Specifically asked sales person if the plan covered all four phones and our tablet. We were told it did. Had plan almost 2 years now and had filed claims on 3 different devices.  Lost my Galaxy S8 on a cruise recently  and just called the insurance to replace and was told total protection multi device only covers the first 3 devices you file claims on, that you must pay additional $11.+ per device to cover additional devices. They refused to replace the phone. Referred me back to Verizon who told me the same. The sales person lied to me. Verizon was happy to collect the $ 50 a month for past 2 years for insurance on my 6 devices when their program only covers the first three. This is theft by deception which I will be pursuing through Seattle media, the WA Attorney Generals consumer fraud division and the FCC. 

Tigerstep

T-Mobile uses the same insurance company.

Verizon also has it in their FAQ how the multi line works -- including the bit about 3 phones. Deception and not reading what you sign off on are two different things.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/total-mobile-protection-faqs/

0 Likes
debsteph

We purchased to multi-device Total Mobile Protection (TMP) plan under our business account for $45 per month.  WHAT A SCAM & SMELLS OF A HUGE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT.

Unsure if it is an Asurion scam or Verizon scam - but the way Verizon sells the program GUARANTEEING you can get your screen replaced for only $29 at UBREAKIFIX - IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE, DECEPTIVE & FRAUDULENT.

Filed our first claim under this program with Asurion.  We told the $29 repair option is not available on a fairly new iphone 11, parts are not available at UBREAKIFIX, at home tech repair is not available in our area AND THE ONLY OPTION is to send in the perfectly good iphone 11 for a replacement device at $199.  I tried to file the claim three separate time - SAME RESULT.

SCAM SCAM SCAM.  VERIZON AND ASURION CEOS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVE FOR SELLING SUCH A DECEPTIVE PROGRAM. 

0 Likes