Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Tech Coach app
buttercreeme

OK, I downloaded and installed the brand new tech coach app last night.  When I left for work this morning, my phone (LG V10) was 100% charged.  This phone has always run 2 days on a charge with no problem UNLESS I am using GPS or some other significantly battery draining app.  The phone is never connected to either data or Wi-Fi unless I NEED it to be. Point is, by 5pm this brand new app had drained my battery to under 25%.  Why does this app do that and why do you have to turn it off from the app manager in settings and not in the app itself?  A used the app to confirm with a tech coach tech that it was indeed this specific app that drained the battery so much. It HAD to be this new app as that is the ONLY new thing I have put on the phone in quite some time.  Will this be remedied before coach tech phone support ends? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: New Tech Coach app
buttercreeme

It is the new way Verizon will communicate with anyone having the warranty including this feature on their phone(s). Not my choice, but Verizon's. It just sort of appeared so I allowed the install. Anyone utilizing this will need to go into the app manager and force stop this app until/unless they need to communicate using it. Hopefully Verizon will correct the issue soon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

Why did you install the app? Why do you keep it? Is it something you're going to need daily, weekly or monthly?

0 Likes
buttercreeme

It is the new way Verizon will communicate with anyone having the warranty including this feature on their phone(s). Not my choice, but Verizon's. It just sort of appeared so I allowed the install. Anyone utilizing this will need to go into the app manager and force stop this app until/unless they need to communicate using it. Hopefully Verizon will correct the issue soon.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

Wait.

You're saying that Verizon will only communicate with you via this app regarding warranty issues with your phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Buttercreeme, we don't want your phone to drain. I understand getting the most of your battery. You do not need to have this app installed to see if your under warranty. What is the name of this application?

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
buttercreeme

ONLY if you have Total Mobile Protection on a phone.  When the app downloaded it said that soon, that would be the way Tech Coach would be communicating with customers with THAT insurance/protection plan. What it boils down to (I think) is Verizon will be eliminating some techs in that particular division) and stream-lining the service.

0 Likes
buttercreeme

I have Total Mobile Protection on the one expensive (making payments on) phone that I have. When it is paid for I'll drop the coverage until I replace that phone WHEN it dies.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

No.

You can always go to a VZW corporate store for support.

Whammo

Tech coach is Verizon's way of going backwards. I had to uninstall this app after waiting 35 minutes for Philip the tech expert to come on introduce his name and then wait 10 more minutes for him to come back which he never did. I I uninstalled it reinstalled it and ask the same question again. After waiting for an hour and 39 minutes when I thought I had all that close the app out another tech expert came on and asked me if he could help me with the problem. By that time I had already solved at myself. this is the old Verizon way of saying we don't really care about you which is sad because the rest of that customer service has gotten much better over the last few years

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We apologize for this experience, we care and value you as a customer and we know you time is important. We never want you to have a bad experience when you contact us. We can definitely forward your feedback to our Tech Coach team to make sure this does not happen again. We strive to provide you with a stellar experience and we truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this incident.

Paloma_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes