Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Problems with Protection plan
jackiet33

I purchased the total mobile protection for my son's phone. I did so in order to minimize any finacial burden should the phone get lost / stolen / broken. THe screen broke and I went to the store to file the claim. They let me know I would need to file online, but the good news was it would only be $29. I was so relieved! When I processed the claim, the only option was to replace the phone for $199 (it is an iphone XR). I called to let them know I only wanted to replace the screen, and everything online talks about how easy this should be. Well, apparently they are out of screens, so I am out of options. When I spoke with a supervisor, she rudely told me that I may continue to check for new screens, but she had no idea when they would be in and she could not call me when they were restocked. I am so disappointed that I have been investing $15/month for this service that can't help me. Others told me to do Apple Care, as they are very easy to work with, but I let the sales person at Verizon talk me into this. Ugh! 

0 Likes
Re: Problems with Protection plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We never want you to experience a case like this! This is very concerning to read, and I understand where your frustration is coming from. Since this is the Asurion team, there is very little we can do to assist here. I'm terribly sorry for the experience! If you would like us to remove the insurance feature, we definitely can. However, if you needed to review other replacement options, we can do that as well. We're eager to hear from you soon. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
jackiet33

Honestly at this point not only would I like to cancel the plan, but I would like to be refunded for the money I have invested in this "protection plan" that is apparently of no use to me. I will clearly get nowhere with Asurion as I have seen numerous dissatisfied cutomers complaining of similar issues. Perhaps a credit to be used for a different phone upgrade? My family plan has 5 lines, iPad, Gizmo, and an iwatch on the plan. We spend a lot of money each month and I believe there should be some support from Verizon from this unfortunate lack of customer service from their third party vendor. I appreciate you reaching out, thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jackiet33, did you contact Apple? How much did Apple say that they would replace your screen for?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
jackiet33

To replace the screen at Apple, it is $199. If I was an AppleCare subscriber, it would have been $29.

0 Likes
Asurion_Official
Verified Partner

@jackiet33 

Unfortunately, the screen repair is not guaranteed to be available. It is based on your enrollment zip code, the make/model of your device, availability of parts and technicians. The insurance premium you pay for monthly is to receive a replacement device, the screen repair is an added inclusion at no additional cost to the monthly premium.

0 Likes
jackiet33

So when you say total mobile protection, it means you really only offer a total replacement, with a high fee of $199. When I was told that a broken screen or water damage would be covered, all that means is for the bargain price of $199 you can get a new phone. IF and only IF we happen to have stock will you perhaps be offered a lesser expensive alternative, but we don't guarantee it. Also, when I asked if someone can just let me know when a screen becomes available, I was told no, I should keep checking.

To me, this is like saying you bought this warranty on your car, and you have a crack in your taillight. We don't have any taillights in stock so we are going to have to offer you another car but you have to pay the deductible for the new car, not the taillight. We may get more taillights in stock, but we don't know when and we can't call you to let you know that we have more stock.

I can't be the only one who thinks this is a waste of money of plan! Unless, of course, I totally lose my phone, this plan is useless.

0 Likes