Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sales Associate lied about Device Dollars and added Total Mobile Protection without my authorization
Antsy

What do I do about these?

I had $60 device dollars accumulated and wanted to upgrade my iphone since I had just shattered mine and couldn't use the screen at all. I couldn't access Verizon Up from my desktop (maybe it's only accessible by mobile?). So I went into the store to upgrade my phone. I was told Device Dollars can only be used online (true?) and that it can only be used for accessories.

Came home with my new phone and accessed my verizon account. It clearly states device dollars can be used to upgrade a smartphone. What do I do about this?

Then I see an email that says Total Mobile Protection was activated. I clearly stated I did not want this, yet the associate clearly added it without my authorization. I will not pay this ridiculous $13 monthly cost. Verizon chat and phone calls have left me on hold forever so I'm posting here.

Labels (1)
Re: Sales Associate lied about Device Dollars and added Total Mobile Protection without my authorization
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You can find all the information on redeeming your Device Dollars here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-up-faqs/#device . Verizon Wireless does have a 14 day return policy: https://www.verizonwireless.com/one-support/return-policy/ . If you purchased your phone at a Verizon 
Wireless company owned store, this will allow you to return and repurchase the device to apply your Device Dollars to the purchase. You are able to remove the Total Mobile Protection in your MyVerizon App or website, under the features tab.

0 Likes
Re: Sales Associate lied about Device Dollars and added Total Mobile Protection without my authorization
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Antsy,

I know making sure everything is set up the best way with a great new device is a big deal. We are always here to help find a solution when you have concerns. I wouldn't be happy about features being added I didn't want either. I've sent you a private message. Please reply when possible so we can fully assist you.

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Antsy

Yes, but the return policy also includes a $50 restocking fee which effectively wipes out the $60 device dollars I had. Also removing total mobile protection online doesn't remove the $13 charge on the current monthly bill, it only removes it for subsequent months. In either case, none of this changes the fact that a sales associate blatantly lied to me and took action without my authorization.

Antsy

Thankfully I chatted with a very helpful and understanding verizon rep through the online chat feature. She was able to credit my account for this months total protection fee that I never authorized. The best she could do about the device dollars was credit my account $50 of the $60. Better than nothing, but this shouldn't have happened in the first place.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Antsy,

I'm very glad to hear you were able to reach someone who could help. I know getting the best value counts and we want to make sure you're always getting the right information. In addition to those credits you can also retain those device dollars which can carry over for up to 24 months. I hope you're still able to make use of them on a future upgrade. Do you have any other questions we can help with?

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Razzmuhtazz

Truthfully I believe you are correct on the device dollars. However this reply is more so for the total mobile protection. Essentially you admitted that you ruined your last phone beyond use. I personally used the total mobile protection to fix my screen on my galaxy s8+ which cost me 13 dollars a month and only a 28 dollar deductible on an 800 dollar phone. The savings are there if you need them its truthfully worth the money. I had my phone fixed by a technician at my dinner table within an hour. 

andyoo

13$ a month for 24 month is basically a 312$ payment to an insurance. by end of 2 years, your 800$ phone can probably be purchased brand new for less than $400 since it is now 2 generation old. Just a break even if you claim it. If not claimed, it will be a 312$ loss in 2 years.

0 Likes