Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung j7
Lostisland1

I don't feel it's necessary to pay an extra $14 a month for mobile protection on an old Samsung j7. What are my options?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung j7
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Cancel it, i.e.,

• How do I cancel Total Mobile Protection?

You can remove Total Mobile Protection from your line at any time from the Add-ons and apps page in My Verizon. Upon canceling, you'll receive a prorated refund of your monthly fee.

DO NOT remove Total Mobile Protection if you want to switch to another device protection option. If you do, you'll lose your device protection eligibility. Instead, go to the Add-ons and apps page in My Verizon and enroll in the device protection option you want. You'll then be prompted to remove Total Mobile Protection during the enrollment process.

Note: If you cancel Total Mobile Protection, you won't be eligible te re-enroll in Total Mobile Protection or any other device protection option unless you meet the eligibility requirements.

Total Mobile Protection FAQs 

0 Likes
Doggo
Novice

Don't pay it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Keeping costs down is always important and before you decide to remove the wireless insurance feature from your account, please keep in mind that the Asurion Insurance Company provides your wireless insurance coverage, including loss, theft, or accidental damage to your wireless device.

Once you cancel this feature's service from your account, you will not be able to reactivate the wireless insurance feature until you upgrade to a new device (To add wireless insurance after the 30-day grace period for a newly activated device) is offered or unless Verizon and Asurion are offering Open Enrollment. Did we explain this OK? The request to enroll in Asurion's wireless insurance program can then be made within 30 days from the date of activation of the new device. Verizon offers additional wireless service plan options and you can view them from our website at https://www.verizon.com/support/insurance-comparison-chart/. Please let us know if this helps you. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes