Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TOTAL MOBILE PROTECTION- ASURION- A JOKE
devildoggservices75

When signing up with Verizon, being able to get my phone repaired was a critical feature so I did not 2nd guess it when the sales rep pressed me to get the protection. He said that it would be $29 for the iPhone 11 to get the screen fixed per occurrence and even showed me on the website. Fast forward to today. MAN THIS IS FALSE INFO!! I started a claim with Asurion and was told that the iPhone 11 screen could not be repaired and that the phone had to be replaced and that it would be $199 instead of $29. I told them that the phone works fine, just the front screen is cracked. Then they said well we had to ship it and they were short on technicians so they can't fix it, just replace it. Reached out to Verizion and they could only refer me to Asurion. You just lost a Military customer Verizon. When customers pay for a service, we expect THE service, NOT EXCUSES!!

Re: TOTAL MOBILE PROTECTION- ASURION- A JOKE
devildoggservices75

UPDATE.. Called Asurion back and asked "Will you all be sending me a NEW phone?" Agent no sir it will be used. So now I see how they are operating.  Why would I accept a phone you overcharged someone else for and now you are trying to overcharge me!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The last thing we want is for you to be upset with us devildoggservices75. We appreciate your business and would never want to lose you. When signing up for insurance, there is actually a repair or replacement option available. Repairing the device is only available if there is someone available in the area who can fix the phone. Considering what is happening with COVID-19, this has indeed caused some interference with getting the devices repaired. Your device is replaced with a used phone the same as it would if being replaced for warranty reasons. If you are looking to receive a brand new device, we would be able to review your options for purchasing a new phone. Did Asurion send you out the replacement device already?

CandiceH_VZW

0 Likes
GodsFavored

Assurion is HORRIBLE!! I have a cracked screen. They denied my claim stating they didn't see any phone activity/usage on my device. I called twice with a verizon representative on the line. The Verizon CSR and the Verizon IT representative BOTH confirmed that there was activity and usage on my account and they still denied my claim saying they don't see what Verizon sees!! I just paid $1200 for this phone and can't get my screen fixed!!  HORRIBLE!!! HORRIBLE!!!  During the pandemic these people have NO GRACE and NO CONCERN for other people.  They won't accept proof by email or from Verizon!!! They will only go by their system that is CLEARLY NOT UP TO DATE!!!  I am EXTREMELY UPSET!! I can't work with a BROKEN PHONE and i CAN NOT AFFORD TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE!!!!! Unbelievable!!! 

midevit

I had a similar experience with TMP from Asurion. I paid the $15.00 monthly fee for a couple of years and then when I went to make a claim, I got the runaround. My phone kept crashing, continuously. I took the phone to a Verizon store and the tech there told me it wasn't repairable and to make claim through Asurion for a replacement phone. Tech said first I had to have cracked screen repaired, so I make a cracked screen claim. I took the phone to the repair place but they couldn't complete the repair because of the underlying technical issue and he couldn't complete the diagnostics (at least that's what he told me). So he put the cracked screen back on and said I wouldn't be charged...but I was. Then I called Asurion and told them what happened and I couldn't repair the screen before making the replacement claim. They said no dice, pay additional $150. For what? I just paid a few years's worth of 'insurance premiums'.  TOTAL SCAM. BUYER BEWARE. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Godsfavored, this is not the experience we want our customers to have. I sent you a private message. DoloresK_VZW

warchi01

Asurion is completely out of touch with understanding the current environment we’re in. I had a charging port issue that I wanted to take care of, but it was out of warranty, so Asurion tells me I need to file a claim with them saying I damaged the phone, and so would be on the hook for a $200 deductible for a replacement. I cancel the insurance, with the implicit understanding that worse comes to worst, I’m still covered until the end of my billing cycle—why would I have any reason to believe otherwise, when Verizon’s only indication about the effective date of the cancellation is that it won’t be on my next month’s bill.

I file the claim and receive the replacement after I cancel, which leads me to believe I’m covered until the end of the billing cycle. Of course, karma has it out for me, and the replacement phone is dropped just after opening the box.

I get Asurion and Verizon on the line to check on my coverage, and lo and behold, I’m informed for the first time that the TMP cancellation took effect immediately and I’m no longer covered. Now instead of getting the screen repaired for $29, I’ll be stuck with a cracked phone screen in quarantine with the consolation prize of a $5 reimbursement credit to my account for the next month.

Everyone at Verizon and Asurion ought to understand now is not a time to risk losing loyal, paying customers, and force undue financial burden upon people in this environment, especially when it comes to a service they have already paid for.

Emmaline

We’ve NEVER submitted a claim that it hasn’t cost us at least $250! You can bet, it’s a total rip-off. 

Tigerstep

Are people just against phone cases? Haven't had a cracked screen in years and that was on a budget Samsung tablet without a case.

I don't waste the money on Asurion and have dropped my collective phones a few times without damage. Invest in a good case, people. TMP for 2 years is $360, that's the cost of a budget smartphone new! Apple users should never opt in to Asurion over Apple Care.

0 Likes
KEVINHART

I second this...Total scam, underhanded explanations by verizon reps when being sold, and no visibility into what claims you have filed, and then suddenly you file a claim, and they tell you..."sorry you already have 3 registered devices"...Huh?  I have 9 devices...For $45/month, i have 3 that get coverage and the other 6 are messed up....nobody explains it, no visibility, total scam...cancelling it today, and likely cancelling VZW altogether-I spend $550/month...see ya

0 Likes