Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VZW Contact for Mobile Protection Billing Dispute
DONSAB30

When I purchased 2 new phones a year ago through Apple with Apple Care, I had no intent on continuing Verizon Mobile Protection from the previous phone I purchased from Verizon. As a result I have been charged $26 a month since then for useless coverage. I was not told when I purchased the coverage that it would last forever until I canceled. I was not asked by VZW if I wanted to continue coverage when Apple activated the new phones with VZW. The charge is buried in several layers on the online bill and is not noticeable in a $250 bill.

As a result, I feel I should receive a credit of 13 months x $26 = $338. I contacted Customer Service today and was told the best they would do is to give me a credit of 40%. Why should I settle for 40% when I was overcharged 100%? Can a VZW representative explain why they mess with good customers? My browser was acting up.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW Contact for Mobile Protection Billing Dispute
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Can you please explain why you didn't review your bills after the purchase?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DONSAB30

Why does VZW assume customers want coverage on a replacement phone without asking? The charge was hidden 3 levels deep. The bill changed because of pro-rated and new charges and if I wasn't aware of mobile protection being continued, why would I look for it? Why didn't VZW notify me that they were continuing coverage on the new phone? My expectation was the coverage was limited to the old phone and VZW was a reputable company that treated their customers fairly.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

DONSAB30 wrote:

Why does VZW assume customers want coverage on a replacement phone without asking?

Why would Verizon make ANY assumptions? The coverage is on  your bill. It should stay there UNTIL you cancel it just as EVERYTHING else on your bill. Verizon doesn't "assume" you still want coverage. They also don't "assume" you no longer want coverage. You begin the coverage and ONLY you can end the coverage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

DONSAB30, we know how frustrating ti can be to be paying for insurance for 13 months without knowing, and we will be glad to help you get this corrected the best possible way. To confirm, you do have access to view your paper bill month after month. Did you not see that there was a charge for insurance on your line?

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DONSAB30

Your website states "Equipment protection provides replacement, repair and/or technical assistance services for your device." I think most people will believe when the "device" is deactivated, no protection is discontinued as well. I was not told that service would continue on a replacement phone unless I canceled it. My point is, I would expect to be notified at that time that I need to cancel service if I no longer need it. Neither notification happened.

The charge was hidden 3 levels deep. The bill changed because of pro-rating and new charges and the continued protection charges were not noticeable. if I wasn't told mobile protection was being continued, why would I look for it?

0 Likes