Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verizon support and protection
Crystalclear1

Is the app labeled Verizon support and protection included in my plan or is this extra to protect against maleware and viruses?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Verizon support and protection
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

From Verizon's FAQ on the app:

The Verizon Support & Protection app is available for Android smartphones and iPhone. To get the app:

• My Verizon - Download it from the Products & Apps page in My Verizon.

• Android - Download it from the Verizon tab of the Google Play™ Store app on your phone.

Note: The Premium version of the Android app is only available with a subscription to Total Mobile Protection. However, anyone with a compatible phone can download the Basic version.

• iPhone - Download it from the Apple® App StoreSM.

Once the app is installed and opened on your phone, you can go to the Verizon Support & Protection page in My Verizon to lock, locate and wipe your phone.*

*Not all features are available with all versions of the app. Data usage may apply for app download and use.

If you are looking for malware and anti-virus protection, I'd go with Avast; it's free.  Mobile Security & Antivirus - Android Apps on Google Play

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon support and protection
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

From Verizon's FAQ on the app:

The Verizon Support & Protection app is available for Android smartphones and iPhone. To get the app:

• My Verizon - Download it from the Products & Apps page in My Verizon.

• Android - Download it from the Verizon tab of the Google Play™ Store app on your phone.

Note: The Premium version of the Android app is only available with a subscription to Total Mobile Protection. However, anyone with a compatible phone can download the Basic version.

• iPhone - Download it from the Apple® App StoreSM.

Once the app is installed and opened on your phone, you can go to the Verizon Support & Protection page in My Verizon to lock, locate and wipe your phone.*

*Not all features are available with all versions of the app. Data usage may apply for app download and use.

If you are looking for malware and anti-virus protection, I'd go with Avast; it's free.  Mobile Security & Antivirus - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes