Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Worst Customer Service on the planet! Total Mobile Protection is a joke
Tresjoli2

In late March, my Samsung phone was sitting in it's charger - I started to smell smoke. Looked down, and my battery was so hot it nearly burned my hand, and literally melted my charge cord. Called Asurion, they said - it's a hot battery so it's a warranty issue. Talk to the warranty team - all good they say, send the old one back and we'll send you a new one. I did so. So happy!

They then tell me in April they won't cover the phone under warranty because the charge port is damaged beyond repair. Ummmmm - of course it is? The battery that was covered under warranty MELTED MY CHARGER.  I didn't misuse my phone, or submerge it in liquid or anything like that - the damage was due to the faulty battery. Total Mobile Protection is a joke. 

I tried to contact someone, anyone who could put me in touch with the warranty people over this charge.  I spoke with 4 reps, 2 via phone, 2 on chat. All 4 refused to put me in touch with the warranty department, or escalate my call to supervisor, or do anything but tell me I had damaged my phone so I was out of luck. The third rep told me it was all set and the charge would be removed once "verizon's system upgrades were complete." Lie - but I kept all the screen shots.  I emailed the address that sent me photos of my phone and why they wouldn't honor the warranty - no response. 

The insurance claim would have been cheaper than the damaged phone fee.  The issue should have been covered under warranty - but all I get is the run around.  And I'm out 300 bucks because the battery almost blew up in my hand. What will be cheaper is when I march myself over to another carrier and have them pay off what I owe on my phone and set up service somewhere else. 

So don't fall for it folks - Total Mobile Protection is a joke. 

0 Likes