1 of 2 trade in codes will not print label
mama23dogs
Legend

We participated in the S 23 pre-order deal typed in all the information for our trade-in phones including the IMEI’s. The phones were approved were supposed to get $800 in credits.
. One of the two trading codes worked fine and I could print a label to mail in the phone. The other one says it’s invalid.

🫤

come on!  
This is supposed to be easier than this.

0 Likes
Re: 1 of 2 trade in codes will not print label
mama23dogs
Legend

After a long talk with customer support. The advice to go to corporate store was followed. Avon CT corporate store seems to think they can put in an escalation ticket and resolve this in about a week. I really appreciate the fact that the manager and his assistant manager are putting in an effort..  Especially because I didn’t make the purchase through them so they didn’t get a commission on the sale.
   I apologized to them for that. If Verizon wants to keep all the cash for themselves, they’re going to have to do a better job. In the future, I will upgrade directly with corporate stores, and do my trade-ins or other shopping with the corporate store employees directly so they get credit.   

If Verizon would like to know what went wrong, they’re welcome to contact me. The problem was entirely on Verizon‘s end.  

The promotion on my line looks like it went through. Everything was great. I even got the code to print my trading label. But when I went to print it, the code was all of a sudden not valid anymore. Did not appear in the system anywhere. Nothing wrong with the phone. Nothing wrong with anything about the trade-in. It was just a matter of the system flipping out and removing the promotion entirely .
 The phone that was used on my son‘s line right up until the day he upgraded to the new phone showed up everywhere as an Samsung galaxy S 20+ 5G. (The second IMEI show ed correctly) . The IMEI showed everywhere as an S 20+ 5G. But the trade-in promotion showed the IMEI as a regular S 20. While it didn’t make any difference in the $800 trade-in it would make a difference when the phone that arrive back at Verizon was not the same one they were expecting. I’ve seen it before. .   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We will be more than happy to take a look to make sure your trade in goes correctly. That way your Promotion will still be in effect like you are expecting. Please DM us, so we may provide the best solution for you.

*V

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

As in my follow up post, I went to a corporate store and they’re wonderful manager, Kevin, an assistant manager. Miguel seem to have solve the problem for me. Kevin called me yesterday. Miguel called me this morning shortly after 9 AM.   
I will remember to do business with that corporate store, so that they get credit and commission for sales rather than doing purchases and other transactions online. Kevin and Miguel deserve a lot of credit.   A+

Cant say the same for the online order and trade in process.  

I would recommend anyone else who wants to do an upgrade with trade-in or just a standard upgrade, go to your local store so that they get paid for the good service they provide you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to assist with a label for your trade in device. Send us a Private Message to get started.

*Whitney

0 Likes