Re: Another Verizon/UPS Lost Trade In
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@Bedford4 

I’m so sorry this happened to you!   It is infuriating that so many of us have faced the same issues and nothing seems to be done to prevent or resolve the problems.    The sad thing is that those who show up here and share their stories is likely just the tip of the iceburg.    

I encourage you to submit a complaint to the FCC.   My experience with going through phone calls, chats, message boards and more,  just resulted in more aggravation and empty promises.   The customer service representatives didn’t even understand their own billing system and would contradict themselves within the same conversation.   It’s a complete waste of time.   The FCC complaint initiates someone from the Verizon executive office to call you - that person will be a breath of fresh air - and will be able to actually help you and not gas light you with more nonsense.    

I hope you can reach a fair resolution - what an awful time to get hit with such a huge charge - not a very Merry Christmas having to deal with that!!  I’m so sorry 😢 

Good luck!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent! Please send us a Private Note to proceed. 

*Anna

0 Likes
94LC80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a PM, but with a link to connect with your social media team? I think your tactic is to tire people out until they give up 🙂 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Bedford4. We always strive to deliver the best service, so I'm troubled to hear this. I understand your concern about an unexpected charge. If you need further assistance, please check your private messages to proceed. -Tracy

Bedford4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much for that helpful suggestion! I'm going to do that right now.  Have you heard anything back from the FCC regarding your circumstances with this? I am just in a total panic right now because we are a one income family at the moment since we are waiting for my Military Disability to go through. So, we can't afford this right now.  They literally overdrew our account the other day from this! 

It is so infuriating and like you said probably just the tip of the iceberg that this has happened to so many customers without any resolve.  You are definitely correct as well about the lack of knowledge from any customer service department. They all have different answers and one response doesn't count or matter from one answer to another.  This is a huge stressor that we did not need on our plate right now either! 

jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@Bedford4 

I am so sorry you are going through this.   It is exasperating to say the least.    Not a very merry Christmas when you are dealing with a Scrooge.   

Fo r me, once I submitted the FCC complaint, it was maybe 3-4 days before I received a phone call from a nice man from Verizon’s executive office.    He was able to fix the issue within a few days.  

Someone else on here was able to negotiate a small amount of compensation to offset their trouble - but I did not ask for that - I just wanted to be made whole on what they promised.   In your circumstance, I would make sure any other financial impacts are accounted for and communicated to Verizon and hopefully they would do the right thing and issue you some type of credit.   For example, if you had fees or overdraft charges - they should reimburse you for that!

0 Likes
kaleneengel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree with Jennk.  I filed an FTC complaint on Monday and included an attached letter describing exactly what had happened, how many times I had reached out to Verizon and in what format (chat, voice, community) and detailed precisely what type of relief I wanted.  I got a call at noonish today from Anthony from the Executive Committee Team.  He said they reviewed my account, agreed with me and were going to do exactly what I asked--which was to give me back the $22.22 monthly credit for my trade in.  It was a much quicker and less painless process than trying to deal with anyone from support.  Thank you, Jennk!

kaleneengel
Enthusiast - Level 3

@jennk1 Thank you so much for your advice.  Filed the FCC claim on Monday and it was resolved today.  I insisted upon receiving an email from the rep because of all the times that I'd been told something that was later reneged--and I received the email too.  Can't thank you enough!  (Still seems VERY curious that all of these phones are getting "lost."  No way did I send an empty box to them! )

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

94LC80, we are so sad that you feel that way about the link we provided. The team that addresses concerns here in our Community Forum is the Social Media team.

So to assist our customers we would provide that link, so we can get details and assist with resolving the issue at hand.

-Steven

0 Likes
Leica

Was this resolved? I have had the same issue and my tickets were rejected without any notification or explanation 

0 Likes