TRADE-IN DEVICE PROMO CREDIT when transferring line
Chrisgh50
Enthusiast - Level 1

My son  is moving out to start his first job/career.  We were looking into transferring his line to him from my plan so he could take financial responsibility and control his plan.  We got him a "free" phone  in 2021  with a trade-in device promo credit.  Every month my bill shows a payment due of $26 and then immediately following it lists the promo credit for $26.  21 out of the 30 months have passed - so 9 months left.  If we transfer the line to him now, it seems like I could pay the $230+  remaining on the cost of the phone or with the proper credit check, he could take over the remaining monthly payments for the phone.  But if he did the latter, would the promo credit transfer as well?

0 Likes
1 Solution
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear that your son is ready to take financial independence of his line. We want to make sure you have the information you need for when this starts happening. It sounds like your son has a monthly credit attached to a device payment plan. Those credits do not transfer over during a line transfer to a new or existing account. I hope this helps answer your question.

~Jesse

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear that your son is ready to take financial independence of his line. We want to make sure you have the information you need for when this starts happening. It sounds like your son has a monthly credit attached to a device payment plan. Those credits do not transfer over during a line transfer to a new or existing account. I hope this helps answer your question.

~Jesse

0 Likes
Chrisgh50
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.  Two more questions about the transfer process. 1) would the $10 Travel passes that were awarded each month per the plan transfer with the line? and 2) is there any potential for service interruption during the transfer?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great questions! Let's make sure you receive all the necessary details. The following link will provide you with all necessary details prior to completing this process. http://spr.ly/6600PLSRG ~Geo

0 Likes