Trade-In Device Received, but Never Assessed
dominiquet415
Enthusiast - Level 1

I chose a phone upgrade promo last month for a very good price if I traded in my current device. I shipped back my device immediately and without damage using the shipping label provided by Verizon. I received an e-mail just over 5 weeks ago noting that the device was received and would be assessed in 3-5 business days. The latest estimated assessment date still shown on my account is 12/14 (today is 1/14), however it is still in "received, but pending assessment" status 5 weeks after delivery and a month after they told me it would be assessed and applied to my account. This means I am also being overcharged full price monthly since my promo isn't being applied. Even if it takes a while to hit my bill, I'm seriously concerned that it's still stuck in limbo and status hasn't even been updated more than a month later. I reached out to customer service twice and they said that its rare that it takes more than 5 days, but "rest assured it would be applied eventually" and to reach back out after 3 billing cycles (3 months!) if it still hasn't been assessed or applied by then and "they'd look into it then".

I already wasn't very happy with Verizon due to worsening service and this may be the last straw that gets me to switch providers after 15 years.

0 Likes
3 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, dominiquet415! We understand how important is for you to check what is going on with your trade-in process. To further assist you, I will be sending you a PM, so we can check this out.

0 Likes
dominiquet415
Enthusiast - Level 1

I already had a lengthy chat with another customer service rep (now 3) that told me the same thing. That even though it typically does not take more than a few days or up to 2 weeks absolute max to assess when the warehouse is extremely busy and its been more than 6 weeks that they can't do anything until a few months pass and aren't sure of what the cause of the extended delay is. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm so sick of Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure you receive a resolution for your promotion concern is important. Please send us a private message for further review. 

-Sylvia

0 Likes