Trade in issue, another one
josephde
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue as many others.  I sent in a Google Pixel 6, valued at $800 for trade-in.  I received a notice that the device sent in was a Google Pixel 2 XL and my credit was adjusted to $400.  I have never owned a Pixel 2 XL.  I spoke with customer service and was promised the adjustment to the correct amount would be made.  It was not.  I just went through the entire thing again and again was promised the credit would be corrected.  I fell for it too and it looks like I'm probably out $400.  I have no idea what to do.  If someone from Verizon sees this and can help I would really appreciate it; my Pixel 6 was a year old and I'd rather just have it back if I am not going to be provided with the trade-in credit I was promised.  

0 Likes
Re: Trade in issue, another one
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to make sure you get the most out of your trade-in, josephde. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Note, so we can assist. 

*Rebecca

0 Likes
jennk1
Contributor - Level 1

@josephde 

You are not alone.  These message boards are full of the same sad story - and certainly this is just the tip of the iceburg of those impacted by trade-ins not being honored as promised.   

I won’t bore you with the saga I went through trying to get the $2400 in trade in credits I was promised - but I will tell you that it wasn’t until I submitted a complaint to the FCC that I finally was able to get the issue resolved.   

It’s super quick and easy to submit a complaint to the FCC and you will promptly be contacted by someone in the Verizon executive office who will listen, understand and have the authority and competence to solve you issue.   It was a breath of fresh air after months of aggravation and empty promises.   

The other benefit of submitting a complaint to the FCC is that it will document a pattern.  This will help others who find themselves in a similar situation by forcing Verizon to clean up their act.

The Verizon moderators will send you responses and private messages sounding sympathetic and promising to help you.  I fell for that countless times and it was a huge waste of my time. .

At any rate, here is the link to the complaint form:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Good luck!   I hope you are able to reach a resolution where Verizon fulfills their promise!  Let us know how it turns out.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to assist you with your concern. Please private message us for further assistance.      *Mabell

0 Likes
josephde
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done the private message thing about 5 times now.  It doesn't work.  

josephde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.  Although I don't practice in the world of consumer protection I am an attorney and it looks like a formal complaint with the FCC is the place to start.  I appreciate the link.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the situation! We will use your feedback to improve! 

-Yale

0 Likes
josephde
Enthusiast - Level 2

ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED