Upgrades and false Trade-in Offers change daily
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have a Legacy 55+ Loyalty Unlimited plan. We don't wish to change it as it would cost us MORE money for  LESS plan benefits.

I see we have a "Up to 1000 off a new Phone"   This "Up To" is the kicker.  I've been assured we will get a full 1000 for each of our trade-in phones, but it seems we have to fight for this, when is fact the agent will tell you anything to send it the phone and then deal with the issues to get the full trade-in amount. ( It's happened to me at least once in the Past)  I've been a customer for more than 20 years.  I'm beginning to think Verizon doesn't give a rip about it at all. 

I want to trade in our phones, Device payments,  least amount of hassles and get what Verizon is offering us. Plain and simple.  Not having to trade our phones and lose them forever when we get Low balled offers. 

The truth is, agents will tell you anything in order to sign you up get your trades and then put you on the back burner.

0 Likes
3 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your loyalty class3nh, and we know how important it is to make sure you receive the best value for your account. We can definitely forward your feedback about the issues you had with receiving a promotion in the past, and we can always clarify any questions you might have about our current deals. If you have any questions, let us know and we'll be happy to help.

~Freddy

0 Likes
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is Exactly what I'm talking about....I'm being offered 800.00 for my trade-in and device payments.  The fine print here is: : AND I have a IPhone 12 mini 2 yrs old along with my wife's S21 5G  towards a S23+ . "Device payment purchase req’d. iPhone 14 Series (iPhone 14, iPhone 14+, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max) smartphones only. Less $800 promo credit if trading in a qualifying device on any plan (including Welcome). Discount applied to account over the applicable device payment term w/in 1-2 bill cycles; promo credit ends if eligibility requirements are no longer met; 0% APR. Cannot be combined with other offer equipment discounts. Upgrades only. Trade-in conditions apply. While supplies last.

0 Likes
class3nh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Freddy.  

The "Up To" phrase is my biggest issue. What is fact is that?  Does it mean we trade in our phones and get what Verizon wants to offer us? ( this could be nothing, or it Won't surely be 1000.00 ) so it will be anywhere in between. ( usually about 220.00 towards full retail price even if places like Best buy have them for less )  So what is the real truth of the matter?  If I'm told by a Verizon Agent that I WILL receive a full 1000.00 EACH for my phones, ( and YES I've been told that by Verizon and I can print it out too )  how can I hold them accountable for it ?  I've been told my Bill won't change but what about device payments?  Will I get FULL value for them  and my Bill remain the same as it is without a raise in my bill? 

0 Likes