Verizon $800 Trade in Credit not Honored
yelofnivek89
Enthusiast - Level 1

My mom needed to upgrade her iPhone 12 Pro. For Mother’s Day, I decided to get her an upgrade. I priced it out twice on the website and it included an $800 credit. When I went into the store, they did not honor the credit from the website, and only provided a trade in value of $242.  We called to complain and they told us that there is nothing they can do. How could the prices be so different online versus in store, it makes no sense!!

Labels (1)
9 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you didn't get the price you were expecting. We'd be happy to take a look and make sure you're getting every promotion your qualify for. We're going to send you a Private Note so we can take a closer look at the situation.

~Jesse

Jamiegrahams
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have almost the same problem. I orginal called because service got spotty. Verizon rep talked me into a new phone and new plan with $800 trade in. Sent my new phone on for credit and the bill I'd only showing $200 credit. Called back and the rep said that is a mistake and they will send a credit. No credit received. Called back again and this Verizon rep says the plan now does not qualify. Explained that the plan and new phone was setup by their team. I'm and now requesting an refund and my old phone back. Shipping labels have been sent. I guess I'm taking both my phone lines somewhere else. Also going up check outside forums seems like this bate and switch is a common practice, not a mistake. Verizon setup the service and the phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there Jamiegrahams. We want to check into your situation and help as much as we can. We will be sending you a private note to further assist. 

~Ivone

emilyee
Enthusiast - Level 1

I traded in my phone during a $800 promotional trade in deal and my mother is now discovering that it never went through. The paperwork I received from the Verizon store in Hollywood never provided me with a proper receipt showing the trade in. I knew it wasn't right what we were being charged and when my mom called they said they only gave me around $70 for my trade in but couldn't actually find the information about the $800 credit. And now they keep trying to promote another $415 trade in deal for one of our phones...no thank you! I'd rather hold on to my phone or donate it to e-waste!  

At this point for the prices we're paying and the lack of service, we are fully looking into other providers. I've been 100% Verizon for over 10 years but with this I'm finding hard to want to stay!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your account is vital, especially if you are managing your trade-in status. Verizon is here to help.

For more trade-in details check out our FAQs: https://www.verizon.com/trade-in/faq/.

We sent you a Private Message. Please review at your earliest convenience.

~Gilbert

0 Likes
Bucky116
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon baited me,  a long time, loyal customer, with a trade in offer they had no intention of honoring.  Then they charged me an extra $415.
Here’s what Verizon chose to do for a decades long, loyal customer. 
1.  Offered a better than expected trade-in value of $830 to upgrade my phone. 
2.  Once they received the phone, Verizon cut the promised trade-in value by exactly 50% to $415.
3. Verizon reported this enormous adjustment was because my plan doesn’t qualify, not based on the condition of the phone, but because my plan didn’t qualify. 
4. Verizon, of course, knew my Verizon plan when they made the offer.
Conclusion - Verizon baited me,  a long time customer, with a trade in offer they had no intention of honoring. 
I’m not sure what my next steps are, not sure I want to keep the phone or Verizon service. I understand it’s a competitive business, but this was really bad. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bucky116, first we would like to thank you for your long time loyalty with us. We want to ensure that you are always receiving the best deal and offer for your account. We will be glad to take a closer look at your specific promotion concerns to understand better what has taken place and ensure that you are receiving the best value for your current offers. We will be sending a Private Message to you so that we can review your specific account details. 

-Andi

0 Likes
Bucky116
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Andi,

thank you for responding. I will go look for the private message. 
any response to my post?

0 Likes
Bucky116
Enthusiast - Level 2

 the link hasn’t worked from the beginning. I’m done. #switching-to-at&t

0 Likes