Verizon Stopped Issuing Device Credit For Two IPHONES
JGRES
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have two lines with Verizon.  I traded in an iPhone X and an iPhone 8 for promo-credits of 22.22 (traded in June 2022) and 11.11 per month (traded 2nd phone in Sept 2022) respectively.  I received confirmation that both devices were received in good condition and started receiving the credits on my monthly bill. The credits were to extend for a 36 month period. However, they dropped off my bill last fall.  I work with customer service to fix it, only to get  a "chargeback" on my bill for the previous payments I had received for the devices I traded-in. 

I have contacted customer service about this numerous times (5 times!!) and have been told - 1. That the device credit hasn't been issued YET and will soon appear on my bill (not true)  2. That I traded in my device after the 30-day window (not true)  3. I must have switched to an ineligible plan (also not true - I'm on the unlimited plan)  4. This was a billing glitch and it's been resolved (it hasn't)  I go through all of this work and then the next bill is wrong again and the device credit is missing. 

Customer service is clearly reading from a script and not actually LISTENING to my problem. The last time I chatted in, I was told that they aren't able to see my previous customer service interactions (I asked if they can review the problem so I don't have to explain it all again) 

I'm ready to cancel my whole account after being with Verizon since 2005. Anyone else have billing issues and/or the worst customer service ever? Never had any issues with Verizon until now. 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Stopped Issuing My Device Credit For Two IPHONES that I traded in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JGRES, 

I'd be reaching out as well if I didn't the proper credits for two iPhones that I traded in. I'm eager to help out and make sure you are set up for success moving forward with this. I'll be sending you a Private Note within this forum. Please respond in there so we can access your account and proceed with investigating what occurred. 

-Ryan

0 Likes
JGRES
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told that this was resolved and I would see the credits on my next bill. Just reviewed the bill and I now am receiving $ 22.22 credit for one of the devices that I traded in, but I am not getting the $11.11 credit that I should be for my husband's iPhone that we traded. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here, JGRES. I understand how important it is to have all trade in credits reflecting properly. I would be delighted to look into this for you! Please send us a Private Note to get started. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
JGRES
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been several more months and I just noticed that the $11.11 credit for my husband's phone has come off again! Can you help me fix this? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JGRES, I'm disheartened to hear that the resolution fell through. We'll be sending a Private note so we can jump back in. 

-Melissa

0 Likes