Re: 10 Device limit in a smart home environment
Cang_Household-w
Enthusiast - Level 3

You cannot simply connect a router to another router. Doing so would create IP conflict and crash your network every time.

A preferred way of adding a second router as an extender is to adjust its LAN IP to one other than 192.168.1.1, disable its DHCP server, and establish a LAN port to LAN port connection between the second router and the main router.

My home forum is the Fios one. We have customers using older Verizon routers as extenders when they get a newer one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Underbus, We definitely understand the conflict with wanting to connect your home router to your existing home network. Just as Cang_Household mentioned, this wouldn't be possible as the LTE router can only work as a standalone connection to our towers. May I ask for the reason you are looking to connect multiple routers to your existing home network? We would like to see if there may be an alternative to what you were trying to accomplish. We will be standing by at your earliest convenience.

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can troubleshoot with you through here. Please send us a Private Note to Proceed.

0 Likes
cwjewell

Has this issue been resolved? Am I forced to buy another wireless access point in order to connect additional devices? 

0 Likes
dimuccio1228

Please help I have 14 devices totally and I continue to have devices unavailable 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, being connected with our loved ones is very important, I feel you. Kindly allow me the opportunity to work with you and find the best resolution. Please Direct Message, so we can get started. Looking forward to working with you.

>Bris

0 Likes
RustyRooster

Is there a way to connect more than 10 devices to the 2.4 GHz wifi on the Verizon LTE router?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. That is a great question. No, there isn't a way to connect more than ten devices to a Verizon LTE router. Please send us a Private Note if you have any other questions, or concerns for today. *Bryan

0 Likes