ASK-NCQ1338 Firmware update failure
brianwells
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Verizon 5G Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) currently has software version 214322 and Verizon indicates that software version 220745 was released on 04/12/2022: https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-internet-gateway-ask-ncq1338-update/

I log into the gateway, go to Device Settings > Firmware and then click "Check for new version". After a few seconds I get this error: "Check for new software failed"  I have also tried power cycling the gateway and it does not pick up the new firmware at that time either. Do I have a defective gateway?

This question was asked 2 weeks ago and @kh-taylarie said that for issues related to 5G Home, we should please refer to the 5G Home page on the Verizon Fios Community. However, my Verizon account does not have access to post on the Verizon Fios Community even through I am a Verizon 5G Home customer. Every time I try to post there the server gives error 500 for my efforts. Thus the repost here.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer. 🙂 

Labels (1)
Re: ASK-NCQ1338 Firmware update failure
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello brianwells,

We definitely want you to receive the support you need for your 5G Home service. For support with 5G Home internet, please call in to us at 800-922-0204 so you can be connected with a 5G Home technician. 

-Christopher

0 Likes
Max2U
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine does exactly the same thing and calling the 800 number was worthless.

0 Likes
KLinMayhem
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the same issue. Haven't tried calling the 800 number yet. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! Dealing the tech issues can be a headache, especially if your firmware update is affected. We are here to help. Please send us a Private Note to better assist you. ~Gilbert

0 Likes
NSKernel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Confirmed with a representative on their 800 number. The latest update "System Update 3" version 220745 has bugs and has been pulled from public. You will have to wait for another update to be released.

makotosan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the update. This explains why I haven't been able to get the latest firmware.  Seems like the software for the ASK-NCQ1338 was rushed as even the current version has issues and missing features. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for working with our team. We won't leave any stone unturned while working to assist you here. Thanks for your time and patience too.

-Robert C.

0 Likes
makotosan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any update on this issue?  I'm still unable to update to the latest firmware. According to this page, Verizon Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) Software Update | Verizon , version 220745 was released in mid April and it's not June 20th and still unable to get my ASK-NCQ1338 up to date.  I (along with many others) would really benefit from the IP Passthrough feature that's added in the latest update.

0 Likes
NSKernel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now the new version 222146 is out. However I am still getting "Check for new software failed". FYI I'm in Ohio (if this problem is related to some regional stuff).

0 Likes