Re: ASK-NCQ1338 Firmware update failure
KLinMayhem
Enthusiast - Level 3

@NSKernel Same here. Always fails, then I retry and then it says I'm up to date.

@vzw_customer_support Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

0 Likes
Data5248
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same problem it was hard to get 220745 to update but I did get it after several reboots. Unfortunately with update 4 still have not had any luck. I tested by starting a continuous pain to google and then clicking check for updates and while it is spinning checking you’ll see it actually disconnects from the public Internet and you’ll start getting dropouts sometimes it’ll then reconnect on its own and sometimes you totally lose Internet and have to disconnect and reconnect. The strange thing is it loses the IPv4 connection not the IPv6 convection. If you actually look in network status it will show no IPv4 address and it says disconnected but then it shows having IPv6 address connected. In my opinion I feel that the updater service is buggy and crashes I wish they would give us a way to do the firmware update through the USB-C port hidden on the bottom or replace all of our units of this model with the new model that came out in June. I would even pay a  small fee to get the newer unit keyword small. However do keep seeing post saying that update 3 was Pulled and buggy but it’s been the best version I’ve ever had on this models. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. in reviewing my resources, we are not showing any alerts for the device to update. Are you having any trouble with the service or device aside from the update message? ~Roger

0 Likes
LeoG
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the same issue with the firmware updater. It always comes back as failed. I have tried to reboot many times.

Verizon, please, fix the updater. It makes no difference if you release the update but devices can't apply it.

The latest update fixes( supposedly) my disconnect and reconnect issues.

0 Likes
NSKernel
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another rep from you on the telephone suggested that we can't update the firmware "because it’s still being tested and not ready yet for full release". Can you confirm this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about the trouble updating, KLinMayhem. I would try unplugging from power for about 10 minutes first, and then trying again and see if you have success.

- Henry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all your efforts, details, and the offer of  information on how you got the update to happen, Data5248. It is regrettable that did not solve the connection issues you face. Please look for a private note from us, where we can get into more details.

-George

0 Likes
LeoG
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Data5248  Where did you see that update 3 was pulled? It is still on their site.

0 Likes
Data5248
Enthusiast - Level 3

I’ve read it on other posts that people have said that Verizon technical support told them that. I don’t believe it because it is still listed. I think that’s just what they are telling people so they’ll quit calling about the update that they can’t get. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NSKernel, 

We want you to have the best experience possible on your device. Software updates are sent from the manufacturer of that device. When an update is avaliable, it will be sent to your device, and you will be alerted in the settings. Did you receive an alert that an update is available? Are you attempting to download a firmware update from a third party website?

-Lasina

0 Likes