Re: ASK-NCQ1338 signal and band information
excelte
Enthusiast - Level 2

Brett, was your response posted against the wrong topic? This topic is about signal and band information, not passing data through to another router.

0 Likes
brianwells
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 7.37.56 PM.png

This is what we want the page to show and not be hidden away by Verizon. This information allows us to continue to make sure we have a good signal instead of relying on the app to simply tell us the signal is "good" at setup time.

excelte
Enthusiast - Level 2

This will help. However, for good placement, the numeric signal db level would be the most useful. Seeing how it fluctuates over time is a more accurate indicator of the signal strength.

brianwells
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right now the gateway simply generates a signal strength number (0-5) for the web UI but inexplicably does not show the indicator as included in the screenshot. It would be great if it at least showed this hidden information but also included db level as you mention.

KLinMayhem
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would very much like to see this detailed signal strength data as well. It makes positioning the router in the best location much easier.

0 Likes
KLinMayhem
Enthusiast - Level 3

@brianwells 

Just curious, where do you see the 0-5 numeric rating? I can't see to find it.

0 Likes
brianwells
Enthusiast - Level 2

The 0-5 signal strength number can be found if you use your web browser’s developer tools to inspect the gateway’s web page. Navigate to Network > Network Status on the page and the signal strength is hidden under the Cellular section. It is not normally visible and takes some digging to find.

I’m not sure why Verizon decided to hide this information as it is very helpful for improving the location of the gateway. I had my 5G gateway dropping back to 4G(LTE) with no warning other than speeds would suddenly be 10x slower and causing disruption to my work from home. I was able to use the hidden signal strength numbers to reposition the gateway for a better signal  and more stable connection.  

excelte
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the tip!

0 Likes
KLinMayhem
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks @brianwells !

found the results in the console when I filtered for "signal"

Results

0 for 5g signal level? hmmm

0 Likes
Data5248
Enthusiast - Level 3

What firmware version are you on I'm not finding that in the console. 

0 Likes