Re: ASK-NCQ1338 signal and band information
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the issues you're having with making an update and a connection on your device, Data5248. I realize it is important to get the signal to work properly and weather can interfere depending on the overall conditions. Were you able to get the device set up and working? What are the updates on the connection you're currently having? Please give more details as to what is currently working as we look into this situation.

-Ed

0 Likes
KLinMayhem
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone in this thread having firmware update issues been able to get it resolved?

NVM, looks like confirmation was made that the latest update was retracted.

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-4G-LTE-Router/ASK-NCQ1338-Firmware-update-failure/m-p/12489...

0 Likes
ascottallison
Enthusiast - Level 2

@brianwells @Data5248 

Thanks both for sharing this. Great to be able to get to signal strength when I need it.

Someone should make a chrome extension to un-hide this info!

0 Likes
Data5248
Enthusiast - Level 3

found this on reddit today and it works.

Here's an easy bit of code to enter in the console to make the signal bars appear. Go the network status page first. If you're using Chrome as your browser hit F12 or Ctrl+Shift+I to bring up the web inspector. Click on "Console" at the top. Enter the these commands at the prompt > document.body.innerHTML = document.body.innerHTML.replace(/hide/g, "")
document.head.innerHTML = document.head.innerHTML.replace(/hide/g, "")

Then hit Enter and close the console. Now you'll see the signal bars.

pfal
Enthusiast - Level 2

This belongs in a museum of terrible customer support.

0 Likes
pfal
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is perfect and worked to show the signal bars at least! Now if Verizon could be less terrible and fix the firmware to show this also, along with numerical values so I can find the best place in the house to install this.

Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 5.09.00 PM.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pfal, I am really sad to hear you feel that way. I am more than happy to address any concerns you have. Please respond to this Private Note, so I can assist you better. -Dia

0 Likes
ascottallison
Enthusiast - Level 2

^ not a private note. LOL.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

*Heather

0 Likes