Apps won't work on Verizon LTE Home Internet
Joed1862
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have certain apps (weather channel), (coinbase), and a few other streaming apps, that will not load when using my 4g LTE home internet. This is across all my devices that connect to the internet. If I go to straight mobile data, they load with no issues. Please help!

Labels (1)
Re: Apps won't work on Verizon LTE Home Internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the service you need and deserve is a must and we are here to assist you. Please meet us in a Private Note for assistance. we will stand by. Albert__VZW

0 Likes
Buchanan2211

I have the same issue where you able to resolve it and if so what did they do?

0 Likes
DWINFLORIDA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm seeing the same. Its not just slow loading due to latency, etc. Good luck getting VZ to do anything about it.

Between the issues with using an external AP with the router, and the absolute lies and garbage I'm getting regarding pricing, even from an executive escalation level, I'm regretting ever signing up for the service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DWINFLORIDA, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your services or pricing. You indicated that apps will not open, do you find that this happens at all times or does this seem specific to specific days of the week or times? When did this first begin? Do you receive any error message when you attempt the app? What questions did you have regarding pricing? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!  

0 Likes
RubyNC21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue with apps not loading properly.  Videos and pictures don't load on sites like Reddit, IMDB etc. or take a long time to show up.  Videos won't do anything on Reddit just a black screen. 

I switched to the desktop sites and everything is good.

My husband has the same issues on his phone.  We both have Samsung cell phones.

I checked and both have strong connection to the wifi according to Verizon online and the speedtest indicates 48 to 50+ mbps.

What is causing this happen with the Wifi connection ??

I didn't have this problem with CenturyLink at 10 mbps.

I just started service with Verizon on Nov. 1, 2021. 

0 Likes
Toregan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same exact problem. Netflix and YouTube are fine, but I can't get any other streaming service to load if I'm on the LTE home internet. But if I switch the same device to mobile data, voila! Everything works properly. What gives? 

0 Likes
pspveg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you still having app problems? I had this problem when I first set up the router, after a day or two the apps started working. The next day I disconnected the router and the problem started again. Did you ever find a solution to the problem?

0 Likes
Toregan
Enthusiast - Level 1

No solution yet. I spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support and we were able to narrow it down to issues with the apps on Android devices only, which is weird. iOS devices and Rokus don't seem to be affected, but all three of our Android phones and my Nvidia Shield (Android TV) are all affected. They are sending me a new gateway to take that out of the equation. I'll let you know if it solves my issue or not. 

0 Likes
pspveg
Enthusiast - Level 2

3rd party apps don't load my google tv also. When I connect the gateway to my PC and use my PC as a hotspot then they work on my phone. I also use an Android Emulator on my PC and the apps work there, so hopfully it is the gateway thats bad but we'll see when you get the new one.

0 Likes