Caller ID
Grandmaof8
Enthusiast - Level 1

My caller ID display stopped showing on my plug in phone using voice only MiFi router.    
Phone shows number of missed calls but won’t show caller ID or phone number. 
Is this a Verizon glitch?

Labels (1)
Re: Caller ID
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to have access to the call details. Let's work together here and make sure you are able to see those numbers. This is for a home phone, correct? Have you made any recent changes?

~Gina

0 Likes
bsm999
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem and I even bought a new phone set (Vtech) and it still won't show the caller ID.  I also have a CPR Call Blocker and it DOES show the incoming number but the phone set will not.   If I take the call blocker out of the equation, I still don't get the ID.  

My last incoming call that showed the ID was on 5/10/22 at 11:32am.  That's about the time you made your original post.   I changed nothing on my end and caller ID had been working for years.  I feel that Verizon changed something in their caller ID logic that upsets some phone sets.

0 Likes
bsm999
Enthusiast - Level 1

See my comments below.  I spent all day working on this problem and am stumped.  What information can I supply to help solve this problem?    (***)***-****   is a cell phone.  The device with the problem is a Verizon LTE Internet and Home Phone.  If I call my cell phone from the home phone, I DO get the caller ID.

0 Likes
bsm999
Enthusiast - Level 1

Last call I had with Caller ID:     5/10/22  11:32AM

Next call (no info at all)               5/10/22   8:28PM

Somewhere in that time period, something changed at Verizon to stop Caller ID from working.   I changed nothing.  All calls since the above have not had ID information.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's odd. Do you know if others can see your caller I.D. on outbound phone calls? -Joel

0 Likes
bsm999
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes they do....   I can call my cellphone and see the ID.  I worked this through support to a 2nd level and they are now bumping it up to a 3rd level. I have a ticket:  {edited for privacy}  so hopefully they are working on it.

0 Likes
bsm999
Enthusiast - Level 1
Well, it's been a month now that I have been dealing with this caller ID problem. 
I have talked to support three times and have TWO tickets outstanding but as far
as I can tell, nothing is being done.

The last contact with support told me I should look into "updating" my phone
set, however since this problem started during a daytime (9 hr) period and I
have used two phone sets including one just now purchased, I don't think it is
a problem with the phone set(s).

I don't think Verizon is ever going to solve this problem. Because of this,
I am moving my account to another phone provider.

Buh Bye, Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caller ID is imperative! We understand you've taken troubleshooting steps a ticket has been submitted. We wouldn't want to lose you as a customer & want to look further not this for you. I've sent you a Private Note. Please reply at your convenience. 

-Kia

0 Likes