Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Services Suddenly Stop Working
Jbablitz

So I've had Verizon LTE home internet for over a year now, and it's been great. At the beginning of this month (April 2022) the data services started randomly flaking out during the day and becoming completely unuseable at night (for ALL Verizon devices). This sudden issue happened to coinside with a hail storm in the area (silver dollar size) and I've been told that there have been a lot of tickets opened in my area since then. Every time I open a ticket, it's closed the next day with a link telling me to factory reset all my devices, or saying my location doesn't have enough signal. How do I actually get a ticket opened to have a tower service engineer to investigate the equipment? It has been almost a month and all I get is the run-around from customer support.

0 Likes
Re: Data Services Suddenly Stop Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jbablitz, I would be just as upset with these service issues that suddenly started after a storm. This has definitely been going on far too long. How many tickets have been opened? Have you done any factory resets? If so, has it made any difference at all?  -Vanessa

0 Likes
Jbablitz
  • I've opened at least 6 tickets at this point, but I keep getting the same cookie cutter answers. I haven't factory reset any of my devices because I have 6 separate devices that all have the same issue, as well as friends/family that visit and have Verizon phones. I can understand factory resetting 1 device, but if every Verizon device experiences the issue, it's not going to help. Saying that my area has poor service doesnt make sense, because it worked great for over a year, and this was a sudden issue. I also keep my LTE router in a window facing the nearest tower, so it gets optimal signal. 
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jbablitz, we always want to provide the best possible signal at all times & I regret that the signal has somehow degraded in your area. May I please have the zip code of where you all are having problems? -Alicia

0 Likes
Jbablitz

The zip code is 34117.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for this detail, Jbablitz. After filing 6 tickets, I would absolutely be concerned as well. Our Network Engineers typically do review the nearest towers and signals prior to providing a resolution. Here's a link with more details on things that would be affecting the coverage in your area: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/signal-concern-resolution/.

-Tanisha

0 Likes
Jbablitz

The data still shuts off every evening, but during the day it works fine. This is not a "poor coverage" issue!! Stop sending me cookie cutter reaponses and investigate your towers!!!! It has been a month since this issue appeared!!

Like I said before, I have had these services for over a year with no issues, then a hail storm came through the area and they all started. Clearly something was damaged in the beginning of April that is causing this issue.

0 Likes
IBlaster

Same experience in Florida with cell and data coverage. They recently stopped allowing folks to report outtages. It used to be they would actually send a tech out and fix the problem, like you I can tell them which tower and exactly what storm caused the damage. But they don't care anymore or can't afford to fix it updating to 5G in other areas. I had to switch to another provider at the property with issues just to make calls. Keep an eye out for anyone having issues with emergency services in your area, can't rely on Verizon anymore.

0 Likes