How Can I Get Better Signal In A Remote Area?
alleybob

We have bought 33 acres in a remote area.  In viewing coverage maps there is signal on the surrounding properties but not on ours.  How can we boost the signal to our property.  Often times we are outside and away from the house and could need the phone for emergencies.

Any help?  Is there an antenna or booster that would help?  A setting on our phones?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: signal in remote area
Denhani_Loves_Dogs
Contributor - Level 1

If you have internet service on your property, a lot of phones will connect to wifi and make and receive phone calls and text over wifi.      It may be easier to install home internet and a good wifi router and use that for your phone service.      I'm not sure it'd cover you over 33 acres, though.

View solution in original post

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You cannot boost a signal that is not there.  Your results will depend on the specifics of your environment and why the VZW towers cannot reach you in the first place such as physical obstructions, natural interference or something else.

We should also assume that your property does not have access to highspeed broadband interent via a coax cable.  If you did somehow have reliable broadband access through a cable provider then a Network Extender would be a single package solution to look into.  Hook up the Network Extender into your broadband, point the GPS antenna towards the sky and broadcast your own VZW 4G signal.

Without access to highspeed broadand your options are limited to repeaters, amplifiers and boosters.  Verizon doesn't support these devices but there are many 3rd party companies that would be happy to assist you.  Id suggest checking out 3gstore.com as a good starting point.  They have a support staff that can walk you through a lot of the process.

If you want to research antennas and amplifiers on your own 3gstore has a good reference to share:

http://3gstore.com/page/13_will_an_antenna_help_me.html

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John_Getzke, thanks for that feedback.

Alleybob,

We understand wanting to improve signal on you new purchased property. Did you know that you can have your property evaluated for placement of a tower. Just click here to see if your land meets qualification: http://vz.to/2fPZ5yb

In additional to that link, here's a great FAQ page:  http://vz.to/2hBKmIm

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Denhani_Loves_Dogs
Contributor - Level 1

If you have internet service on your property, a lot of phones will connect to wifi and make and receive phone calls and text over wifi.      It may be easier to install home internet and a good wifi router and use that for your phone service.      I'm not sure it'd cover you over 33 acres, though.

alleybob

Thank you so much. We have thought of that and will probably have to go that route.

0 Likes