How do I Changing SSID key while staying on a WAP2 connection?
velocity4ward

To change my SSID key I have to switch to WEP encryption. Why can I not keep WAP2?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing SSID key
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You don't.  WEP is a joke, there is no reason to use it.  Delete the wireless profile that you have saved on your PC and start over again when you reconfigure a new WPA2 password.

If you cannot connect to the router using WPA2 then that means your PC does not have a compatible wireless driver or adapter and would need to be updated.  For example back in the day the default WinXP OS install did not support WPA2.  The solution was eventually patched in via Service Packs so all you needed to do was install normal windows updates to enable that functionality.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Changing SSID key
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

You don't.  WEP is a joke, there is no reason to use it.  Delete the wireless profile that you have saved on your PC and start over again when you reconfigure a new WPA2 password.

If you cannot connect to the router using WPA2 then that means your PC does not have a compatible wireless driver or adapter and would need to be updated.  For example back in the day the default WinXP OS install did not support WPA2.  The solution was eventually patched in via Service Packs so all you needed to do was install normal windows updates to enable that functionality.

0 Likes