How do I disable the firewall on my Verizon 5G Home Internet Gateway LVSKIHP ?
Wise_Wolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Horrible Settings

I recently installed Verizon's 5G Home Internet and they sent me their LVSKIHP gateway that goes attached to my window to get the 5G signal from the closest 5G tower in the area. The problem that im having is that I want to disable the built in firewall on the router because I think that it might be blocking stuff that I dont want to block but the only two options that the router gives me are to set the firewall to either Medium level blocking or High level blocking, it doesnt even let me see what traffic its blocking and choose if I want to block it or allow it. Is there any way that I can disable this horrible built in firewall? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I disable the firewall on my Verizon 5G Home Internet Gateway LVSKIHP ?
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

For issues related to 5G Home, please refer to the 5G Home page on the Verizon Fios Community.  

0 Likes
Re: How do I disable the firewall on my Verizon 5G Home Internet Gateway LVSKIHP ?
Wise_Wolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to sign in to that forum it says this error message after I sign in with my username + password, I tried switching browsers and its still doing the same thing.

Error signing in

Can you move this thread to that forum for me please? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do apologize for the confusion. The built-in firewall is something that you can't disable. Please share with me what do you think is being blocked?

-Rodney

0 Likes
Wise_Wolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

If it cant be disabled does Verizon have a different model 5G Gateway that doesnt have a built in firewall or that has a firewall that at least lets me see what traffic its blocking or lets me disable the firewall? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry, which forum are you having trouble with? 

~Aaron

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Wise_Wolf! Glad to see you use our new 5G Home and I'd be happy to help. To review the firewall options available, you may use the guide here: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-227032/ Let us know if this helps!

-Lorenzo

0 Likes