Hulu Live and 5g Home ongoing issue
Fergsprag
Enthusiast - Level 1

We recently switched to Verizon home internet and discovered an issue with remaining to Hulu live. It constantly thinks we are not at home.  I call Hulu and they update it showing we are home.  This lasts for a little while then it reverts and I have to call Hulu all over again.  Another post said we can't switch to a static IP. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue and what did you do? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: Hulu Live and 5g Home ongoing issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to review this matter with you. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here, or reach out to us online @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook.

*Robert

0 Likes
bglamore
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't been able to connect to HULU LIVE because of this issue.  I am using a ROKU TV that I've already connected to my Verizon 5G Router.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue to troubleshoot. Are you experiencing any other issues while using the 5G router. Have you reset the router since this issue began?

-Corey

0 Likes
lifeasandythompson
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support  I too am having this problem. Happy to troubleshoot with you. How can I help?

/adt
Tags (2)
0 Likes
bglamore
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having an issue with this right now.  In the middle of the week last week I started getting local channels for Jackson/Lansing.  I should get Detroit.  I've recycled my modem and my home network is set to the appropriate zip code, I get local stations on my Chromebook.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@bglamore ,

Thank you for these details, although that would be normal for a mobile network-based service. The ISP, 5G Home in this case, routes to a central location just like your cell phone does. The result is that your internet traffic will appear to be coming from the location of the ISP's exit point, which can be a different city from where you currently are located at. I would recommend reaching out to Hulu Support to see if they can change your channel options, but there is nothing wrong with your home services.

-Russell

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

For issues related to 5G Home, please refer to the 5G Home page on the Verizon Fios Community.  

0 Likes