IP/MAC Binding not working on ASK-NCQ1338
atnum29

My 5G Home Internet Gateway (ASK-NCQ1338) is working fine except for the IP/MAC Binding feature.

I just want the Gateway to assign the same IP address to my laptop every time I connect to the wifi.

This is a common and standard wifi router feature which the user manual says is supported. 

When I attempt to add a new rule to the binding list, the rule gets added but is labeled in RED as "Rule Invalid." 

I contacted Customer Support and got to a level 2 rep who said I was configuring it correctly.  We made multiple attempts with rebooting, different configurations, etc etc.  No joy. Basically he gave up as he had exhausted his knowledge.

Can I please get some support from your firmware people?  I'm running version 214322 which is listed as the latest.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IP/MAC Binding not working on ASK-NCQ1338
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello atnum29, thank you for contacting us. We understand your need to use the IP/MAC Binding feature, and we'd love to help! Please send us a private note to better assist. ~Baldo

0 Likes
Emsworth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue with my ASK-NCQ1338 router. If this doesn't work is there a way to pass straight through this router and put a working router behind it ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Emsworth-

We want you to receive the assistance that you need for your 5G router. Please contact our 5G technical support by dialing 1800-922-0204.

-Angie

0 Likes
TechyGuru
Enthusiast - Level 2

@atnum29 Did you toggle "Enable this entry" before clicking the save button?

You can edit the one and try it out. You need to disconnect the device and reconnect and it will stay with static IP forever until unless you reset the router

I was able to set static IP for NAS and Security cameras without any issues.

0 Likes
KLinMayhem
Enthusiast - Level 3

@TechyGuru 

Well that was sure easy to miss! Soon as I enabled the entries, the invalid rule msg went away and the ip binding worked for me. 😄