LTE Home Internet - NO Connection, Light Still Green, Possible Account/Location Discrepancy???
swetlowk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a recently subscribed LTE Home Internet customer. I'm having trouble with my device/service/activation (not sure which.)

When I turn on my LTE Home Internet router, the connection is great... for about ten minutes, after which the service seems to completely disconnect. My devices can still connect to the LTE Home Internet device but there is no connection to the internet. The weirdest part -- the light on the front of the device remains solid green, and when I access the admin (which it still lets me do) it says the connection to LTE is good. But something is obviously wrong.

If it helps, I had to set up the device in a bit of an odd way. I registered a My Verizon account using the routers mobile number, because it kept telling me my order number was invalid. I never got the option to set up the network name, password, or anything. Is it just an account discrepancy? Something in the system that needs to be worked out? Half the pages in the My Verizon app, including the entirety of the "Account" tab do not load for me. Always gives me an error. This is why I'm assuming it's an account/activation discrepancy, although I could be wrong.

I'd just like to get my LTE Home Internet working steadily and consistently, with no internal issues or anything. Can anyone at Verizon help?

Labels (1)
Re: LTE Home Internet - NO Connection, Light Still Green, Possible Account/Location Discrepancy???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

swetlowk, having working internet at home is a must nowadays.  My life would be in serious trouble if I was unable to access the internet because I am working from home and my 8-year-old son is doing remote learning.  I am here to help and we will look into this and get your home internet up and running as quickly as possible.  What error message are you receiving when attempting to utilize My Verizon?   What type of devices are you connecting to the router?  Does the drop in connection happen to all devices that connect to the router?  -SantoC_VZW

Re: LTE Home Internet - NO Connection, Light Still Green, Possible Account/Location Discrepancy???
swetlowk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi!

Since I made this post, most parts of the My Verizon app have begun to work, so I don't think there's any major underlying issues there anymore, though I will keep you posted on that.

I assumed that meant the issue had solved itself, because thereafter the service began working again -- for about four hours! And it's great! The reason I'm so eager to get these kinks ironed out is because the speeds are genuinely great, but I can obviously only experience that when the service decides to function. After those four hours, the problem persisted once again. Light is still green, and my computer still recognizes the network... but there is no internet connection. And the admin console shows no signs of issue during all of this.

Ill note that I have two devices currently on my network. Both are connected via LAN/Ethernet, one windows PC and a nintendo switch console. I also previously had my phone connected to the router via 2.4ghz wifi, and the issue was mostly the same there as well when it arose. So yeah, it definitely happens to all the devices I try to connect.

The cuts are spontaneous and unpredictable, and usually a simple restart of the router fixes them! That is until, of course, it cuts out again. During the periods where it works, the speeds are lightning fast for LTE (50 Down and 10 up). It's because of this that I think we can rule out a tower issue. And what the admin shows me backs up this prediction. 

Is there any other info you need? Anything you think we can do? I will of course update you if any more outages occur.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the detail response and keeping us up to date with this! We will get this sorted out. What model router do you have?

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes
swetlowk
Enthusiast - Level 2

My router's model is ASK-RTL108. It's a part of the LTE Home Internet plan that was launched for rural/remote communities. Here's some additional info in case you need it:

Order Number: 003767450001

Location Code: E247201

The Router's Mobile Number is 540-340-7251

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@swetlowk wrote:

My router's model is ASK-RTL108. It's a part of the LTE Home Internet plan that was launched for rural/remote communities. Here's some additional info in case you need it:

Order Number: 003767450001

Location Code: E247201

The Router's Mobile Number is 540-340-7251

Sounds like your issue might be related to other customer's issues reported in this extensive thread:

Re: LTE Home Router Firmware Update appears to cau... - Page 4 - Verizon Community (verizonwireless....

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
swetlowk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Signal boosting this thread -- an update.

After a little over 24 hours of flawless performance... a cutout once again at 4:25 Eastern Standard Time. Getting to be mildly irritating because of the unpredictability. I see no reason why this should be happening, realistically I can only see it being a hardware issue. 

What hoops do I have to jump through to possibly get into talks of having a replacement unit sent to me? Can anybody still check if there are any internal discrepancies regarding my account/subscription on Verizons side? I'd like to get this issue fixed ASAP.

swetlowk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm reading this could also be an issue related to the firmware? Will there be updates pushed out to patch this issue? I am not the only one experiencing this exact problem. 

swetlowk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Scratch discussions of a replacement device -- it is almost certainly a firmware issue. I will be making a new thread to specifically highlight this. 

Swadvocarte

Same issue. I think. According to my devices it says that I’m connected but then I’m not. I called customer service to get some assistance and that didn’t help one bit Folkston to transfer you and you’re bouncing around and no one ever gets back to you and helps you with the issue. Long story short I had them send me a return label so I can get rid of this horrible service. I’d rather be without Internet then deal with this which is essentially being without Internet when you have them lol

0 Likes