Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
LTE Home Internet latency vs 4G LTE on cell phone latency
rmstafford718

I am wondering if the LTE Home internet gateways use the same Cell towers as Cell phones. If that is the case, then I feel as if my Gateway is not connecting to the closest tower. I can do two different speed tests, one on my LTE gateway, and the other on my 4G LTE cell phone, to the same server and the latency difference is crazy. The latency I get on my cellphone is around 19-30ms, whereas the latency on my LTE gateway is around 70-90. Is there a reason for this? I feel like the latency should be very similar if they are connected to the same tower. 

0 Likes
Re: LTE Home Internet latency vs 4G LTE on cell phone latency
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The need for speed is very real, rmstafford718. We work hard to provide the lowest latency possible. We can understand your concern about the latency results from your speed tests. There are many factors that contribute to latency, so it is not surprising that different devices have different latencies even when connected to the same tower. How has the latency affected your use of the internet on the LTE Home Internet device? -George

0 Likes