LTE Home Router Device Limit
bdhutch

I have been struggling with connection issues with my LTE Router, and need some clarification. 

I was sent the ASK-RTL108 router.

After seeing how it worked, I have added some smart devices (Amazon Echo, outlets, etc). 

Now, when I log in on my PC I often get a message saying that I can't connect to the network. I can reset the router and get access, then it will be gone again later.

After struggling with this for days, I am finally seeing mention about a 10 device limit for the LTE router. 

Is this what is causing my current issue?

If so, why was this limit not mentioned before I purchased your service - and before I purchased these very common household items?

What can I do to make these smart switches work, while still using the internet on my computer?

Current computer and all smart devices must operate on 2.4ghz.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE Home Router Device Limit
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are correct. It supports 10 devices on the 2.4ghz channel. However, it will support up to 30 devices on the 5Ghz channel. We are very sorry about any complications this presents. This limit can't be manually adjusted, unfortunately.

0 Likes
uyghg

Can one simply connect another commercial router into your LTE router and disable the Wifi on the LTE router?  In this way the LTE router would act as a switch and merely pass all signals by Ethernet cable to a downstream device that would take care of the Wifi connections?

Please advise as I am thinking of getting your service but have been put off by some of these issues.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

knowing your options when it comes to our LTE router is key. While we do not support commercial routers, I would need more clarity on what you are trying to do with the set up. Can you elaborate on what set up you are trying to achieve?

0 Likes
bertnovak

I discovered this last night(4/12/2021) on a call to CS.. this limit was never disclosed in any of the advertisements or in many other calls to CS on problems..

I would have never purchased this product if I had known of this limitation.  The response from the CS rep (susan), you are past 14 days and you are responsible for severe cancellation penalties..

A limit of a total of 10 devices in not workable .combine with the reliability of the service.

I want out!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bertnovak, we always want to make sure that you can get the best help possible. So we can assist you, please send us a Private Note. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
MainerUSNR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why wasn't this disclosed in our manual? I added 6 WiFi cameras, had I known I would have done something different, now I have 2.4 G connection issues, connections dropping. And in your response to someone tell to drop a "private message" what is that?

0 Likes