Live in zip 40444 in KY internet connects to Indianapolis, IN
CMD5

I live about 150 miles from Indianapolis.  I would like to connect to Lexington, KY or Louisville, KY.  It is as if I am using a VPN although I am not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Live in zip 40444 in KY internet connects to Indianapolis, IN
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there CMD5 and thank you for reaching out to us today. We are concerned to learn that you are connecting to a tower so far away but we are here to help. Have you always noticed this or is this something that just started recently? Do you notice any major issues with your service when it comes to calls and data?-Candice

0 Likes
CMD5

I am using internet gateway LTE.  I find the connection somewhat unreliable.  It has a lot of "ping" time (474 ms) "jitter" (268 ms). 

Indianapolis was the location from the the day it was set up.  All devices attached to it have a Lancaster KY location set up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure that you are able to get the performance you need. Are you able to manually set a DNS service for the device?

*Peter

0 Likes
CMD5

I know how to do that using my browser.  I had thought of that but did not know if, when using the Gateway, it was a good idea.  Any recommendations?  I have used OpenDNS before when we had a DSL and I used a Linsys router.  But if you have a better thought, I'd be glad to try it.

0 Likes
CMD5

My Internet Gateway location remains in Indianapolis.  The router is still physically in Lancaster, KY. 

0 Likes
CMD5

Still looking for a little help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're still here for you CMD5,

How can we further assist?

-Arya

0 Likes
CMD5

The problem still exists just as stated in the subject line.  If you read through the rather short thread you will see that no help has beed given.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are experiencing increased volumes. Please allow us a moment and we will be with you shortly. Do not respond as this may cause delays with receiving a return message. -Lorenzo

0 Likes