Model ASK-NCQ1338 Firmware
circus-city
Enthusiast - Level 2

Changes made 11/16/2021 firmware 214322?

Labels (1)
Re: Model ASK-NCQ1338 Firmware
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Circus-city, thanks for reaching out. Help has arrived. Are you having any issues with your service? What seems to be going on? -Kevin

0 Likes
circus-city
Enthusiast - Level 2
Also would be nice to be notified that update was done, in my case my smart devices need a manual reboot with your router so was not sure if power outage or what caused the issue till I found that Verizon pushed an update out which caused home automation for start of the day to fail.  

No update information on Verizon site of what changes made to the ASK-NCQ1338.  IE last updated added EasyMesh support to extend range of the ASK-NCQ1338 so it is IMO important to know what changes are made and how it may effect the end user.  IE so far the local connection of the router showing bars is gone, which is a great help in finding the best placement in the home!  

Last update showed

“Release date: 08/26/2021
Software Version: 213231

What's changing:

The current software update:

• Enabled Wi-Fi EasyMesh™
  • Resolved an issue where primary and/or guest Wi-Fi may be automatically disabled or enabled after a firmware update.
  • Resolved a crash issue that would cause the system to reboot and in some scenarios would require a manual reboot before being able to reconnect client devices to the internet.”

Wi-Fi CERTIFIED EasyMesh™ brings a standards-based approach to Wi-Fi networks” for ASK-NCQ1338 so we can now extend with certified“   
0 Likes
elmorekevin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Occasionally my father's Home LTE device stops passing data, and we need to manually power cycle the device. We usually have to do this once every few weeks. It is becoming a nuisance to determine what is happening each time the internet stops working.

We had been running an earlier firmware and having this problem, but now I see we are on a newer firmware, but unfortunately the issue continues to happen. Just yesterday, only 5 days after the system applied the firmware update 214322 on 11-22-2021 01:08:55.

0 Likes
circus-city
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep one phone or device on its own data plan so I can see if router/gateway issue or tower.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our goal is to ensure your father stays connected. We'd like to ask a few questions to better assist you. Are you guys experiencing issues with any other Verizon Wireless devices? When did this issue start? What other troubleshooting steps have you performed besides the power cycle? ~Christian

0 Likes
circus-city
Enthusiast - Level 2

As a side note, ASK-NCQ1338 is on a new ups of its own and has been tested so that any power interruption or outage it continues to work for hours and hours.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the insights. Please power off the device and disconnect from power, remove SIM for a minute. After a minute, insert SIM and power back on, test and let us know if you see an improvement.

~Maria

0 Likes
circus-city
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon support can not see that another person has posted on my Post which another issue.  Suggested to reset sim.  I did not get a manual or any information with my device so this may help in the reset of sim. 

circuscity_0-1638480765293.jpeg

0 Likes
ZooRat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would also appreciate if Verizon posted a list of the changes made in Firmware 214322 for the ASK-NCQ1338 as they have done for previous firmware changes. As the other poster mentioned, about the only obvious change is the removal of the Signal Strength meters, which I would consider a major "downgrade".

Actually, I couldn't care less about the signal strength graphics, but an accurate NUMERIC dBm (with an adjustable refresh time in seconds) would be really helpful to find the best location for the gateway device. Luckily, I had found what seems to be the best location with the old firmware version (after replacing the original gateway device twice due to various issues). Of course, I also used several LTE/5GNR signal strength apps on my phone to assist in this, but having verification that the gateway has a good/similar signal strength was super helpful. SOME indication of signal strength needs to be brought back, please.