Modifying the channel width of FiOS Quantum G-1100 router
UbtchaNoVa

As usual Verizon publishes end user guides written by techies for techies... not the non-technical end-user. I would like to know how I can modify the channel width - 20Mhz, 40Mhz; 40Mhz, 80Mhz, etc. - of my FiOS Quantum Gateway G-1100 router in order to select the best channel for wifi in my house (neighbors have strong signals using similar channels, and I wish to use something different). In the Quantum Gateway "User" Guide, there is a definition on page 56 under Other Advanced Wireless Options: "Channel Width - Controls the badwidth of the wireless signal." Howsumever, that is the only content re this subject in the 208 page user guide. When I login to my router, I can choose from the links shown below. And for example, under "Main," I have the choices as shown in the second screenshot. Is anyone aware of procedures for modifying the channel width of the G-1100 router?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Modifying the channel width of FiOS Quantum G-1100 router
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds your question is about the residential internet service and not the Verizon Wireless network. Please ask your question in the residential forum. Verizon Forums – Welcome to the Verizon Fios® Community

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes