Port forwarding for gaming on lte 4g internet gateway?
Brian3748

So my NAT type is moderate to strict for games and I need to open some ports, trouble is this router isn't setup like most of had in the past. From what I can tell there doesn't seem to be an option to port forward? Upnp doesn't seem to work, which theoretically it should. If anyone could guide me through how to do this with this router I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Port forwarding for gaming on lte 4g internet gateway?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you are a business customer and and can afford to purchase a static IP address ($500), you are restricted to current configuration with the NAT firewall and private IP address Verizon Wireless assigns to all of their 4G LTE network. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Brian3748

What about the virtual servers option in the router? Need a static IP for that? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not familiar enough with a VPN service to give a suggestion either way. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
circus-city
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found the manual on line.  https://fccid.io/H8N-ASK-NCQ1338/User-Manual/User-Manual-5201974  I think they call it Virtual Server to set up port forwards.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@circus-city wrote:

I found the manual on line.  https://fccid.io/H8N-ASK-NCQ1338/User-Manual/User-Manual-5201974  I think they call it Virtual Server to set up port forwards.

That is a manual for a 5G NR Home Router and not the 4G LTE Broadband Router forum which the OP has posted this thread to.

@Brian3748 Which model router do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Brian3748

The lte 4g

0 Likes