Remote Computing and Huge Bandwidth Issue
Remotewireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am very disappointed with my current service. I have enough money invested in this to buy 3-4 Top of the line IPhones at full value. I also purchased static IP at a ridiculous cost. In my inventory is state of the art 4GLTE router and Modem. (Cradlepoint AER1600 with MC400 modem) While I live in Las Vegas the equipment is located remotely near Williams, AZ. In normal times a connection of 30-40Mbs down and 1.5Mbs up is possible off peak. During a normal day peak it would fall to maybe 20Mbs but still 1Mbs up. However this is a regional site that serves a relative low population area from Williams to Flagstaff going East, Seligman, AZ to the west Grand Canyon to the North. It is the I-40 corridor.

This site throttles badly during peak travel season. During major Holidays we have much like now nothing. I've complained about this for years with no resolve but Verizon remains the only carrier that can service the area. The only other carrier is AT&T. With the Stay at Home requests Verizon destroyed their service even further by giving customers an extra 15GB in their data plan. Sounds Good in principle as it doesn't cost Verizon anything other than a single stroke of the keyboard. However, you imagine the result of several hundred all streaming movies at the same time.

I was there last week. By the time of 07:30 in the morning bandwidth had dropped to a miserable 500Kbs down and the up-link so slow it hardly measured of approximately 100Kbs or less. Thus for now my usage is limited to extreme off peak hours. I ask how long is it going to take to provide reliable decent service to rural America?

You are rolling out 5G when you can't even provide decent 4GLTE service. I live in a  Las Vegas inside a 10 plus block dead zone for 4G. my Cell reverts to 3G. High speed is only available though my WIFI connection yet your Verizon company store 10 blocks away has 5G service to sell phones. It would be nice if someone could provide real dialog and answers for my $150 per month phone bill. all I've ever gotten is the deer in the headlight conversation like I was a fricking idot.

By the way the last 4 digits of the registered device is 3411 if anybody really cares.

sincerely,

Bob Kile

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Remote Computing and Huge Bandwidth Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Remotewireless,

We know how important it is to stay connected, especially with everything going on. How long have you been experiencing issues with your data speeds in Las Vegas? Have you done any troubleshooting since this began? Please clarify the make and model of your device.

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
Remotewireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

The service is useless except in early morning hours. I've experienced this for years on major holidays and during peak tourist season. The service has been shot since mid-March. I'm using service from Bill Williams mountain which is LOS. During normal traffic speed test is 15Mbps down 1.2Mbps up. Off times i could see speeds of 3 times that. Now if lucky I will get less than 1Mbps down and .1Mbps up which is totally useless. Everything times out. Signal strength is good at -71dB. SINR has fallen due to network congestion and shear numbers.

0 Likes
Remotewireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

Using Motorola Droid.  In Las Vegas I'm in the 89145 zip code just a few blocks off Charleston. Service maps show it as a dead zone with poor signal.  Cell phone use is OK. Data is no good with less than 1 bar.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Remotewireless, we would like the opportunity to look further into everything for you. I have sent you a Private message so we can gather further details from you. 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
Remotewireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

The remote site is located at Elev 5928 ft, 35.40 °N, 112.66 °W . I should have split the post in two. Home location is 89145 zip code, 2 blocks north of Charleston.

0 Likes
Remotewireless
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have asked, pleaded and paid for wireless service upgrades in rural Norther Arizona extending beyond the I40 corridor. At this point being totally frustrated I can see no reason why i should not file a complaint with the FCC regarding why Verizon should get any money from the FCC mobility fund. Further more show cause why Verizon should continue using their frequency allocations in the 800-900 MHz bands.

Bob

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Remotewireless, we certainly want you to have the best possible service! Have you recently had a ticket filed with our engineers? If so, what was stated? 

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes