SLOW video, THROTTLED!!!
nicklong08
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do not buy this service (4G LTE Home Internet) and expect to get reliable 4K download speeds, after doing several speed tests with fast.com (powered by netflix) i have found that verizon throttles video speeds to 10mbps!!!! when i pull youtube up on my apple tv 4k and search for a 4k video it buffers every 10 seconds for about ten seconds, when doing a speed test NOT using fast.com i am getting speeds of 48-50 mbps download and after that ill do a fast.com test and its under 10 again... i want to know why video is being throttled on home internet. on my cell phone i pay 10 dollars extra for maximum video performance so i am not throttled, why is this not even an option for LTE internet, this is unacceptable and garbage..

oh and lets not mention that everything seems to give the impression that you can return this with no issues or costs incurred but AFTER receiving you will notice that if you want to return there is a 50 dollar restocking fee

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SLOW video, THROTTLED!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nicklong08, we always want you to get the speeds you should be. Please send us a Private Note, so we can look into this experience.

*Bee

0 Likes
Jasonmbarthle

I been constantly on the phone with them everyday for a month. Ticket after ticket they say nothing is wrong and close it everytime. I honestly think the representatives aren't aware of the throttle in place but they started to believe me after all the proof I had. I have ticket in place for IT and not a network ticket but I highly doubt they will up the throttle from 10m or remove it. Its ridiculous to say speeds of 10m is good for a house to stream. Its someone higher up in Verizon that had put the throttle in place and not even the representatives know about it. Very bad service that they are doing that. 

0 Likes
Jasonmbarthle

Does LTE Home Internet have data caps, throttling or streaming limits?

LTE Home Internet service has no data usage caps and supports full HD Video streaming

They didn't answer the question it just states it supports full Hd which is a dead giveaway its throttled and the representatives say it isn't but that is barely with one screen and not full hd at 60frames. Should at least make it 15m and up to for it work better

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes