Slow LTE Home Internet
JillFoster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep having issues with my LTE home internet speeds. I am consistently getting speeds under 3 Mbps. If I do a soft reset of my modem, speeds will return to high teens or better, but within minutes, they are back down again. In the past my speeds have consistently been in the 20's or higher. When we test the speed of the network using our cell phones, they are always in the 20's or higher no matter what and are usually in the 40-50 Mbps range. It seems like my home internet is being throttled or deprioritized despite Verizon telling me that this is not happening. Today I did a factory reset to my router and it was good for a couple of hours and then the same thing all over again. Has anyone else had this issue? Any real help from Verizon?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
Re: Slow LTE Home Internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is imperative that we do all we can to get you back to the teens for speed on your LTE Home Internet, JillFoster. You came to a great place to get some answers. Given all you have done already, we would like to take a look at things from your account in a more secure channel. Please look for a Private Note from us.-George

JillFoster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have replied to the private message twice and have still not gotten a response and I am still having issues. It was great for about 3 days and I thought that Verizon must have fixed something, but now it is back to the same slow speeds. No matter how many times I factory reset my modem, it only helps for a short time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be glad to take a closer look at this for you in a secure setting, Jill. Please be on the lookout for a Private Note from us, and we can continue from there. *Michael

0 Likes
4G LTE Home Internet Service Very Slow Speeds 4 Megs DL Avg - South Orange County Ca.
netology
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brand new service for us in a populated south orange county area. 

We qualified for 4G LTE Home Internet Service

We located the Verizon Gateway 2nd floor near a window 

100% of the time we are 4 megs down and 5 megs up never more. 

We were intending to replace a AT&T DSL but we need at least 25 megs boosted to 50 to make it worth while. 

We can call the support team tomorrow as it is late on Monday 11/22/2021 

Please advise next steps * Thanks! 

Dave 

Re: 4G LTE Home Internet Service Very Slow Speeds 4 Megs DL Avg - South Orange County Ca.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have excellent internet speeds. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]
netology
Enthusiast - Level 1

We were supported by an amazing Verizon tech - Michale 

The solution was moving the Verizon Gateway from our 2 foot away location from our 2nd floor window to about 6 inch's from the window. 

We are getting solid promised performance on the top-end of Avg of 38 Megs Down and 5 Megs Up, this is awesome. 

Thanks for the reply here in the community!

Dave 

Babanana

I’m hoping I can also get similar help w my LTE home internet. During the late evenings I get up to 50 mbs download speeds but it becomes a painfully slow 2-3 mbs during the day.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One of our main goals is to provide reliable service and a great experience and we'd be glad to help. Please send us a Private Note, so we can take a closer look.

~Maria

0 Likes
nanbin42

i have the same symptom. can you help me

0 Likes