T1114 MiFi Home
cbke
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two of these devices (T114V's) for internet only in rural areas with limited available broadband.  I use them as routers, using the ethernet ports and wireless capabilities.  I received a letter from Verizon that these devices will stop working on 12-31-22 when the 3G network is shutdown.

I believe only the voice part of the phone uses 3G.  The data feature is on the 4G network.  By the data speeds I am getting this must be true.

My question is will these devices continue to work as data only after 12-31?  Since I am using them as modem/routers only this is fine with me.  My hope is that Verizon shuts off the phone feature but continues to support these devices for internet. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: T1114 MiFi Home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries. Please check the inbox within our community forums to find our Private Message. 

-Lorenzo

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@cbke wrote:

I have two of these devices (T114V's) for internet only in rural areas with limited available broadband.  I use them as routers, using the ethernet ports and wireless capabilities.  I received a letter from Verizon that these devices will stop working on 12-31-22 when the 3G network is shutdown.

I believe only the voice part of the phone uses 3G.  The data feature is on the 4G network.  By the data speeds I am getting this must be true.

My question is will these devices continue to work as data only after 12-31?  Since I am using them as modem/routers only this is fine with me.  My hope is that Verizon shuts off the phone feature but continues to support these devices for internet. 

Is this the device you have?

https://www.amazon.com/Verizon-Novatel-T1114v-Connection-Version/dp/B073K2HRZT

It IS a 4G device that apparently is being/has been retired and the network may have evolved beyond the devices' capabilities.  The Manual has no reference to 3G except for 'download attachment speeds':

https://manualmachine.com/verizon/t1114/16042501-manual/

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
cbke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is the device I have.  Verizon did stop selling it several years ago but from what I know that was not due to it no longer being compatible with their network.  The phone part did use an older band for voice but a firmware update changed that.  I do not use either device as a phone, (in fact one does not even work for that), but as hotspots only with ethernet ports available.  I am pretty sure the internet uses the same 4G network as my phone in that I get the same speeds from it.  I called Verizon customer service and the rep "assured me the 4G internet would not be disconnected" and the devices would continue to work.  However, I am not sure that rep really understood what I was asking, and I keep getting letters and texts from Verizon saying the devices will be disconnected.  I am confused what is really going to happen.

What I am looking for is definite answer of what is going to happen on these devices on 12-31. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cbke! We'd love to clarify this situation for you. Please reply to our private note to better assist you.  ~Aaron

0 Likes
mag1cbus

I have the same concern.  Can the T1114 continue to be used for data only?  I have no use for the phone feature.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@mag1cbus wrote:

I have the same concern.  Can the T1114 continue to be used for data only?  I have no use for the phone feature.

Using the phone feature or not, doesn't have any affect on how the device connects to the Verizon network.  If this network connection to a server is not going to be supported in the future, the device probably won't work period.

Maybe an agent will/can verify this for us.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
mag1cbus

I would like to hear from an agent.  I have used the T1114 as a MIFI type device that has a router built in.  It is used to only to provide a process to upload weather data for an unattended weather station.  The information is sent to multiple weather services including CWOP (Citizens Weather Observation Program).  All I need is the data upload ability.  Verizon does not have a similar device for migration.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your question! The T1114 can be used for just data. However, all of its functionality will remain. It's just a matter of what you focus on, as far as it features. Please, let us know if you have any further questions! We're here for you!

*Chance

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello. Only the voice part of the phone uses 3G.  The data feature is on the 4G network, so you do not have to be worried about it if you need it only for data. 

>Soni

0 Likes
cbke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Aaron,  I did not receive your private note or do not know how to access it.

0 Likes