Terrible Speed Test Results
dlaf
Enthusiast - Level 2

My home speed test results for download are less than whole number 1 using a router. I have the Unlimited Plan and it seems a coincidence that speed has gone in the dump. I have a 4g router. Can Cantenna do better for Unlimited or is it throttled at 10 g. This router is throttled at 20. Advise.

Labels (1)
Re: Terrible Speed Test Results
dshellhause
Enthusiast - Level 2

You were likely a victim of a bait and switch. See these threads: Home Fusion-LTE Internet Installed is a hotspot on Unlimited!!

Verizon lied about data throttle?

I wish us all luck in getting this resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A reliable internet connection is critical, dlaf. What plan did you have before switching to the Verizon Plan Unlimited? Question 9 has more details on what’s going on: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/

The LTE Internet (Installed)/ Cantenna service would be subject to the same expectation.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dlaf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Further discussions with VZW today presented a recommendation that I consider returning to my original Plan called New Verizon Plan with 50G Data per month with Safe Mode. That was my previous plan. I actually like Verizon and have been a 20 year + customer, with US travel usage very satisfactory overall.

By going back to my previous Plan I am faced with about $100 per mo Add to my bill as it was.

My take on the use of the word Unlimited is different than Verizon's. The current contract is convoluted and that is a shame for Verizon customers. We naturally grab the word Unlimited only to find too many exceptions that diminish overall good service. Verizon leaves their reps to fill in blanks or leave the customer blank. Enough said.

DONDAN4219
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue. It seems as though Verizon is treating these routers like the jetpacks now. After the 10Gb, they'll (supposedly) throttle you to 3G speeds. I actually lease several of these exact routers to my customers. The first three months of having this plan, I wasn't experiencing any kind of throttle. Each line that had the router on it used at least 60GB. Since the end of March, these routers have been nothing but pot ever since. I did several speed tests on them the other day, and each line produced the same result. The lowest speed I got was 1 kbps down, 5 kbps up. The supposed "3G" I was supposed to receive after the 10GB was nothing but a lie. But here's where the real problem really is. I made several phone calls to upper-level tech support, and got nothing but the run-around. I finally managed to get transferred to the business department, have no idea how that happened, but they were the most helpful surprisingly. I spoke to a nice representative who finally realized what the problem is. The Novatel Tassman router only has 2 radios inside it. One is the 1x, or voice radio, and the other is LTE, or data radio. What happens next explains exactly why you are receiving those terrible speeds, just like I am. Verizon actually sets the network to trigger the 3G modem inside a device once the 4G allotment has been used. I actually thought it was on the network side, but that only applies to the 22GB prioritization or safety mode. So basically Verizon doesn't throttle the speeds on the device itself, it triggers the 3G modem inside the device. The Tassman doesn't have the 3G modem in it, so it picks the 1X, and that's why you are experiencing "2G" speeds instead. They offered to exchange my router for a new jetpack. Very dissatisfied with verizon, Never seen a company who is so stingy.

dlaf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Informed  by VZW I cannot return to my original Plan. It no longer exists.

0 Likes
verizontechsolo

So much for you actually liking Verizon.

0 Likes