Verizon 4G LTE ASK-RTL108 poor signal - needs constant reboots
tiggerdarin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have 2 issues.

1.  The router always has a "Yellow" status for low signal.  This causes lower speeds.  I can occasionally flirt with a green bar by maneuvering the router to a particular window, but other than putting the modem on the roof, the signal is poor.  

2. I have had to use an external wifi router as the Verizon router constantly needs rebooting.  Symptoms include devices drop off its internal wifi and you cannot reconnect without a static IP.  You cannot login to the router GUI either, you type the password and it just refreshes the login page.  Not until a reboot will it let you back in.  I had to just turn off the wifi broadcast and use a separate wifi router because only wired devices to the router stay constant.  Still need to reboot it anytime I want into it's GUI.

Firmware is up to date. And it has been reset to defaults several times.

I have heard about an external antenna you can get from Verizon (https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-232597/) but when I called, they did not know what I was talking about and said they would open a next tier ticket.  The ticket was closed as soon as I got the email that it was opened.

I am a little frustrated and just not sure if I have a faulty router (the constant reboots needed) and/or if it is due to the poor signal that I could use that external antenna for?

Looking for some input and assistance!  Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes