Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Verizon 4g lte home internet
Joed1862

I'm having issues with my signal strength on my 4g lte router. I've put it in the best reception area in my home (approximately 3 bars of service). My signal strength bounces all over the place. I see there is a port for an external antenna. Where do I get one?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon 4g lte home internet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, there! You've come to the right place for support. We've sent you a Private Note to check eligibility for an external antenna. 

0 Likes
gwbarr

I am having a similar problem with my LTE home.   I have towers about 5 miles from me but for some reason my cell phone tells me that it is getting it signal from one 7 miles away and sometimes one from 18 miles away.   I've have tested every window in my house and the best I can get is a signal that bounces between 2 and 3 bars on the LTE home.  Can I can an antenna?

thanks,  Glen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, we want you to be able to use your services with ease. Please feel free to send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
MLBeech

I purchased the antenna from Vz and when connected, my speeds where so low the service was not usable.  Disconnect the antenna and speeds jumped back up.  I am returning it as my signal strength was not enhanced with the antenna, but the speeds where significantly decreased.  Odd...

0 Likes