Verizon Internet Gateway NCQ1338 Bridge Mode
Cory1463
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I enable "Bridge Mode" on my Verizon Internet Gateway NCQ1338? I have it connected to my home mesh wifi system and am getting a "double NAT" error.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Internet Gateway NCQ1338 Bridge Mode
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you already checked the user manual for any instructions to what you want to do? 

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-internet-gateway-ask-ncq1338/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rusty-shackleford
Enthusiast - Level 2

Curious if you ever figured this out.  There doesn't seem to be a way to setup bridge mode in the current gateway firmware.  Interestingly, the docs VZ submitted to the FCC show that bridge mode is an option.  Very disappointing that this isn't available.y4Xnbix

Cory1463
Enthusiast - Level 1

No

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I took a look into this & see Bridge Mode is currently unsupported on the 5G internet Gateway device.  -Kia

0 Likes
davidsigep
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are there plans to add bridge mode? I switched from TMobile Home Internet specifically because bridge mode was available in the previous 5G modem, so this is really disappointing. I wasn't aware the modem was being switched out for one that doesn't support bridge mode. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing all your featues is crucial.-Sean

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are checking on this now and will respond again shortly.-Sean

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all your patience.  Our 5G Home Internet Tech Support team can fully assist you in going over all options with your device at 800-922-0204 to ensure that you know all the details and options.-Sean

0 Likes
Emsworth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe that you can use DMZ which is supported by the ASK-NCQ1338 router to get into a bridge mode but as a newbie I am looking into this.   Give it a try if you can.

0 Likes