Re: Verizon Internet Gateway NCQ1338 Bridge Mode
Speedracer216

As of yesterday there's now an option go to bridge mode. I got a firmware update and it was a button on the home screen under where it says it's in router mode. I would screenshot it but I activated it and have no clue how to go back to router mode and now I cannot access the network settings anymore from the Verizon app or a web browser. At least I needed it in bridge mode and I am fine with it for now. It would be nice to know how to get back to router mode. I am currently using my 5g gateway (window mount) strictly as a modem bridge mode providing internet to my asus xt8 router and mesh network. So far so good in the fee hours I've been able to be in bridge mode.

0 Likes
verizon_user_8
Enthusiast - Level 1

What firmware version are you now on? My unit keeps giving me an error when checking for firmware updates.

rusty-shackleford
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Speedracer216 

It sounds like you are referring to a different model (the mmWave modem) which differs from the C-band (ASK-NCQ1338) modem.  Whenever I try to update the firmware on my NCQ1338 modem, it fails.  It has never worked.  The current firmware shows as version 214322.

0 Likes
tak1972

What model modem are you using? Is it the NCQ1338? Curious how you were able to get a new firmware update. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Speedracer216. There is way to change this setting on the Admin page. Click here to view the User Manuals instructions (Page 5 to get started): https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/verizon-internet-gateway-ncq-1338-user-guide-v1.pd....

*Cassie

0 Likes
ptousig
Enthusiast - Level 1

Page 5 doesn't say anything about bridge mode. It's just the end of the LED indicator table.

A quick search tells me the word "bridge" is nowhere in that PDF.

Speedracer216
Spoiler

Yeah sorry I didn't realize you all were referring to a different model. I have the window mount unit which I'm pretty sure is the mmWave modem. But the firmware update happened automatically over night. I would think I they would treat the 5g home internet the same but I could be completely wrong on that. 

0 Likes
Speedracer216

Also once bridge mode is enable you can apparently access the web console via https://10.0.0.2/cgi-bin/luci/verizon/network. I just found this out today so I will test when I get home and let you all know my firmware version. Again I have the window mount unit with 5ghome internet so sorry for any confusion 

0 Likes
verizon_user_8
Enthusiast - Level 1

No bridge option for me either. Hopefully this comes soon to our NCQ1338 gateways.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that info. We wanted to be sure that we're on the right path to assist you. -Robert C.

0 Likes