Re: Verizon Internet Gateway NCQ1338 Bridge Mode
bniehaus

I cant find the passthrough button on my admin console. I appear to be on the most up to date firmware too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To provide optimal resolution for any of our customers, we need access to their accounts. Account security is a priority, therefore, it is critical that we meet in a Private Note. 

*Bee

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bniehaus, when you log in to the admin what exactly do you see?

-Tionna

0 Likes
Cang_Household-w
Enthusiast - Level 3

@rusty-shackleford wrote:

You are still dealing with double-NAT at that point.  Bridging is extending the device in a layer 2 fashion to either a router or firewall. 

Why are you dealing with a double-NAT when you bridge? If you connect an Ethernet cable between the 4 port LAN switch of one router to that of another router, all LAN devices only need to go through one NAT if using IPv4.

scottc98
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting the same error on my new NCQ1338 LTE router I received today.   If 220745 is what is required to get IP passthrough here, then there has to be a way to expedite this (or even allow for a manual download and install).

While I understand that other home users may want to use this as a standalone home router with its built in wifi......I simply need it to serve as a internet circuit only to replace my current cable modem.....and that is going to require IP passthrough of the Public IP to my firewall.

This is a standard feature used on many carriers (including Verizon for business services)....and a must for me to use this service.  

I'm going to keep trying to get the new firmware but this thing will go back if IP passthrough can't be achieved here within the next or 2.

vzw-joe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree with you 100%. Some new units are shipping with the latest firmware and Passthrough mode. Like this guy’s:

https://youtu.be/O_AFpSyIvI4

The new firmware seems fine. I have a bad feeling that our units are duds. If I’m going to be stuck on the old firmware for months and months or longer, please let us know so I can request a new unit. I did call tech support back in April and the rep said she saw my unit needed the update but couldn’t figure it out. She said she could swap out units but couldn’t guarantee it would have the latest firmware. At this point, I’m ready to try that. So sad that Passthrough mode is dangling in front of us but we can’t get it. How long will we have to wait for the update?

0 Likes
vzw-joe
Enthusiast - Level 1

To add another twist to this, it looks like a new 5G Home Internet Gateway was just released on 6/1 — ARC-XCI55AX.

This one mentions a software update on 6/3 that also enables Passthrough.

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-internet-gateway-arc-xci55ax-update/

@vzw_customer_support Can I swap out my NCQ1338 for this new model? I’m really needing Passthrough mode for my home setup. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is for your equipment to work for you. Do you happen to know what firmware is installed on your Gateway? If you're not sure, please see this link for the steps to locate that information: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-238312/ .

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As for a swap, 5G Home Internet service has no annual contracts and we don't charge a disconnection fee. However, you must return the Verizon-owned equipment after your order or service is canceled or you'll be charged a non-return fee. 

-David

0 Likes
kda97
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I am having the same issue with my firmware not updating. Verizon has a live webpage stating that a new firmware for these gateways has been released with various fixes as well as added a Passthrough option. My firmware on my 5G Home Internet Gateway (NCQ-1338) is version '214322'. The latest available is 220745.

@vzw_customer_support Please advise what I can do. I have tried power-cycling the router many times over the last few weeks to automatically force an update…running a manual update check always fails…calling into support hasn’t helped either as no one knows how to update and push out updates to these cubes.

Can you PLEASE resolve the issue with pushing out firmware updates OR guide me through returning this defective device for one with the latest firmware or even the newer ARC-XCI55AX gateway unit?

Pretty annoyed lately with Verizon support and their incompetence with this issue. Every agent I talk to has no idea what’s going on nor has any direct line to IT/system engineers to report the issue or troubleshoot a fix.

Seems like I need to swap out my device at this point. Can I do this in-person at a Verizon store so I can ensure the gateway model/firmware I am replacing it with? Can a rep walk tell me how to move forward with this process?

0 Likes