Verizon LTE Home Router not maintaining WAN connection
Air_Boss
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently Purchased Verizon LTE Home Router.
The part is identified as ASK-RTL108 on the bottom label

/////////////////////////////////////
....... A side note...BEFORE using Verizon LTE Home Router,
I was using DSL with my home network and did not have any issues whatsoever. DSL did the job and there were never any issues with the co-existence of my home network and the DSL. I do realize that the DSL was in bridge mode.
/////////////////////////////////////

I am having a hard time maintaining an always on WAN connection. After several hours or even overnight I find the Verizon LTE Home Router has disconnected. I contacted VZW support. They re-provisioned the device and the problem persists.

Take note that I have rebooted the device many times. I have even done a hard reset to factory with a pin on the back of the device.

So I was able to obtain a 2nd Verizon LTE Home Router. It went overnight well. I thought this time I would plug in the antenna that goes with this device. Well when I came home last night I saw 2 solid red LED's on my router. I disconnected the antenna and rebooted the Verizon LTE Home Router. Now it barely stayed up last night before I went to bed. This morning I unplugged the devices for about ½ hour and plugged it back in. I think it has been about an hour and the device is staying up so far.

And as of last night I have put my Linksys Router into the DMZ of the Verizon LTE Home Router. The Verizon LTE Home Router does not appear to support "Bridge Mode". I would like to hear that there is a path for engineers to make this feature available on a future firmware update.

I mean when the device is connected it has way good speed, and I like that is wireless instead of the DSL that I had.

This device seems to be so "brittle". It does not seem very resilient.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

Here are some current ping times as of writing this.

C:\>ping 8.8.8.8

Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=54ms TTL=53
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=53
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=58ms TTL=53
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=53

Ping statistics for 8.8.8.8:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 54ms, Maximum = 58ms, Average = 56ms

** My home network is Linksys E3200 router, HP 2530-24 POE switch, (2) Unifi AC Pro Access points, and (1) Unifi UCK-1 Controller. My network is used for development of technology products for customers I work with. I would like to obtain a Unifi USG, but need to get the basic Internet connection figured out first.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon LTE Home Router not maintaining WAN connection
jav6
Champion - Level 3

There is another thread regarding the LTE Home Router that might be related:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/4G-LTE-LTE-Advanced/LTE-Home-Router-Firmware-Update-appears...

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please allow me to clarify. The issue that you are having is that the WAN indicator does not remain on, is this correct? 

0 Likes
Air_Boss
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am dealing with the issue that other folks are having in the thread mentioned above.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/4G-LTE-LTE-Advanced/LTE-Home-Router-Firmware-Update-appears...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that having a reliable connection is important, Air_Boss. Like my family, we're doing everything from home over the internet right now, and I would be reaching out for help if I was having a similar issue. I took a look at the thread that you linked, and dug a little deeper on this. It looks like the developer is aware of the issue and are currently investigating the behavior. Right now, we're all standing by to learn more. Does this information help?

0 Likes
jadmire
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a targeted resolution date for this issue? I am experiencing the same issue and it is incredibly frustrating.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, jadmire. I know how frustrating this can be and having a reliable internet connection is very important. Our internal team and the manufacturer is aware of this issue and are investigating this problem to find a resolution. We appreciate your patience throughout this. 

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
bzublin
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received my new modem yesterday, and am having the same issue.  Two red LED's illuminated this morning.  If this can't be resolved within the next 10 days then I will be cancelling my Verizon service and stay with T-Mobile.  Verizon only offers 14 day return policy.  After that you are stuck with the service for two years unless you want to pay significant cancellation fees.