Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
cruddy signal strength 14433
Japrat63

Anyone else frustrated by Verizon signal strength? I live in upstate NY between 2 major cities, near the Thruway. 6weeks ago, signal strength started dipping into 3G, progessively getting worse. Lucky to now get ONE bar of 4G. IS THIS REALLY WORTH THE $100+ VERIZON CHARGES? UNLIMITED DATA MY BUTT!

Re: cruddy signal strength 14433
VentureJim1

I have had cruddy signal strength since Feb.  I live 7 miles out of Sebring, FL in an area with few towers..

I get my signal thru a VZ "partner" tower...  In March it was hit or miss, Download anywhere from 8 mbps down to less than 1 mbps...Took my Jetpack 7730 out to the backyard and found my best signal coming from the NW...  3 bars... In my computer room, got 1 to 2 bars of signal w mostly 1 bar...   On advice of "SUPPORT", I purchased a booster for $90 and then found out that Verizon can "lend" a booster to good customers in "problem areas"....  Also, apparently a new large building in between you and your local tower can block your signal...   I keep a log of my Test Speeds on a daily basis...

0 Likes
Re: cruddy signal strength 14433
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Having slow data speeds is never ideal, VentureJim1. I am happy to assist. What is the zip code and the nearest intersection of the trouble area? Also, are there any other users with the same issue? GregL_VZW

0 Likes